1st Annual West Virginia State Pool Championships!

Morgantownfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have recently started a promotion company here in my home state of WV with the sole pourpose of promoting the sport that we all love. This will include leagues and tournaments. We will be know as the WVPPA or West Virginia Pool Players Association. Our first promotion will be the WV State Pool Championships to be held in Morgantown WV Thursday August 11th thru Sunday August 14th at the Morgantown Event Center. This brand new facility is 22,000 sq feet and will hopefully be the site of many events to come. This event will be a 4 person + 2 subs team 8-ball event as well as 8-ball and 9-ball singles for both men and women. The event will be played on 30 7ft valley bar boxes with tour blue 860 simonis, ariamith balls and red circle cue balls. Entry fees include greens fee so tables will be open all weekend. No Quarters! No league affiliation required. Get your best 4 players and show up! No pros allowed. Td will have the right to refuse any entry! The Team event pay out will be $13,000 based on 64 teams. We will add $500 to each singles event with full fields.
Pm me if you would like a flyer and entry form. We look forward to seeing you here

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have recently started a promotion company here in my home state of WV with the sole pourpose of promoting the sport that we all love. This will include leagues and tournaments. We will be know as the WVPPA or West Virginia Pool Players Association. Our first promotion will be the WV State Pool Championships to be held in Morgantown WV Thursday August 11th thru Sunday August 14th at the Morgantown Event Center. This brand new facility is 22,000 sq feet and will hopefully be the site of many events to come. This event will be a 4 person + 2 subs team 8-ball event as well as 8-ball and 9-ball singles for both men and women. The event will be played on 30 7ft valley bar boxes with tour blue 860 simonis, ariamith balls and red circle cue balls. Entry fees include greens fee so tables will be open all weekend. No Quarters! No league affiliation required. Get your best 4 players and show up! No pros allowed. Td will have the right to refuse any entry! The Team event pay out will be $13,000 based on 64 teams. We will add $500 to each singles event with full fields.
Pm me if you would like a flyer and entry form. We look forward to seeing you here

This sounds like a very worthy endeavor. Good luck to you and may success be forthcoming. Please take some pictures, dag nab it, for those of us back home who enjoy seeing what's going on.

Anybody who hasn't been to West Virginia, I highly recommend it. It just may be the most beautiful State of the Union, as far as I'm concerned. "Almost heaven, West Virginia" hits the nail on the head.

If you are able to, it would be nice to have a memorial for Chan Whitt Jr. who lived in Caldwell, West Virginia. It has been 17 years since he was killed in a car accident. The West Virginia legislature recently put up a roadside honor for the City of Caldwell, stating it was the home of Chan Whitt Jr. He was the little Prince of Pool and one of West Virginia's finest.

Here is the recent newspaper link: http://www.register-herald.com/local/x565222931/-Prince-of-Pool-Whitt-gets-roadside-honor

Here is the recent AzBilliards thread: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=3004782

I'm trying to get a hold of Chan Whitt's father to create a Wikipedia page about this pool phenom.

Thanks again for putting on this pool extravaganza. We need more events just like this in the pool world! :)

Morgantownfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This sounds like a very worthy endeavor. Good luck to you and may success be forthcoming. Please take some pictures, dag nab it, for those of us back home who enjoy seeing what's going on.

Anybody who hasn't been to West Virginia, I highly recommend it. It just may be the most beautiful State of the Union, as far as I'm concerned. "Almost heaven, West Virginia" hits the nail on the head.

If you are able to, it would be nice to have a memorial for Chan Whitt Jr. who lived in Caldwell, West Virginia. It has been 17 years since he was killed in a car accident. The West Virginia legislature recently put up a roadside honor for the City of Caldwell, stating it was the home of Chan Whitt Jr. He was the little Prince of Pool and one of West Virginia's finest.

Here is the recent newspaper link: http://www.register-herald.com/local/x565222931/-Prince-of-Pool-Whitt-gets-roadside-honor

Here is the recent AzBilliards thread: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=3004782

I'm trying to get a hold of Chan Whitt's father to create a Wikipedia page about this pool phenom.

Thanks again for putting on this pool extravaganza. We need more events just like this in the pool world! :)

Thanks JAM, Long time no see. I use to manage strokerz and Keith was there a few times, I met you at Franks when he was playing Joe. The pool scene has been kinda dead here so guess it's up to me to give it a kick start. Gonna try and do a few bar table events a year and as many big table events I can squeeze in. May venture into PA to promote a few events. Hope to see ya soon

Morgantownfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That would be nice to do a memorial event for Chan, I only met him once but he palyed jam up. I think his father still lives in WV if im not mistaken.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That would be nice to do a memorial event for Chan, I only met him once but he palyed jam up. I think his father still lives in WV if im not mistaken.

I think he lives in Lewisburg. I'm trying to get a hold of him through the journalist that wrote the above-referenced article. It would be so cool to see the West Virginia pool community band together and give Chan Whitt Jr. a little recognition. If I can get any more information, I will send it you way as far as his family. They may really enjoy participating in your event, too. :)

StickmnBiliards

Stickman Billiards
Silver Member

After a description like that, I am now planing a trip to West Virginia.

Morgantownfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am proud to announce that J Pechauer Custom Cues has agreed to be the title sponsor for this event. So this event is now the 1st annual J Pechauer WV State Pool Championships! This is shaping up to be a great event.!

doublej487

valleys are 2 tight
Silver Member
1. is it limited to people in wv....
2. and is larry price considered a pro... nhe won dcc banks twice. only one other guy has done that
3. im really excited
4. send me the form

Morgantownfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. is it limited to people in wv....
2. and is larry price considered a pro... nhe won dcc banks twice. only one other guy has done that
3. im really excited
4. send me the form

1 No you don't have to be from WV to play
2 Larry is considered a pro for this event
3Great!
4 I'ts on the way!:grin:

Zaraysci

Registered

cpw110510zp

satkye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I to would be intrested in rankings. Could be intresting to try something new even though im really low ranked...

Morgantownfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Men and women pros treated the same? How far down the rankings is the cutoff?

Yes, Top 32 pros according to current rankings or any major or large regional tournament winners. This is an amatuer event. I will be promoting an open 9-Ball singles event in the near future

Morgantownfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just wanted to take a moment to thank the sponsors of this event. J Pehauer Custom Cues, Talisman Cue Tips,Red Bull, Nick Varner Billiard Acessories, The Waterfront Hotel & Morgantown Events Center, & Finishline Motors!