GC3 Rail bolts. Which one is the right one?

olgoat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked up a GC3 last weekend already disassembled. So I literally had a "bucket" or hardware (bolts and nuts and washers). I am having the table setup but I want to be reasonably sure I have all of what he will need so I have been going through the process of figuring out the install.

It looks like I have two different hardware options to install the rails using the star washers. One is a threaded rod with double nuts. The other is a regular hex head bolt.

Which is the best common practice for a Gold Crown 3?

Attachments

• 89116695_592489554670372_2905937970114592768_n.jpg
    89116695_592489554670372_2905937970114592768_n.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 219

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
I would use the threaded rods. If the bolts are too long or torqued too much you could damage the top of the rails. Also it is almost impossible to go cross-threaded with the rods.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

olgoat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Makes sense. Thanks

I would use the threaded rods. If the bolts are too long or torqued too much you could damage the top of the rails. Also it is almost impossible to go cross-threaded with the rods.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

Tablemechanic

Silver Member
Yes, looks like from your other post you might have a Gold Crown 4. I need to see the rails and the corner castings. If it is a 4, the came with the nuts and all thread. You can still use the bolts. I kind of hate the nuts and all tread.