POOL ETIQUETTE ... Everything You Need to Know

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The list has been bootlegged and is circulating on the dark web as a to do introduction to the world of vice.

Dress code though ... blech. What's with the blacked out players at tournaments? If you look fat, go gym.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
hmmm...
w e l l, straightline,
central planning is an exercise of academia, and,
I did here their comforter's saying it's OK to go to the refrigerator to subdue anxiety,
so,
we should expect more black-outs of the fat players at the table during tournaments?

Seems reasonable in these terms of etiquette,
a courtesy to the camera and it's master.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...dave,
I haven't been there,
my guess is it's sumo players shooting pool on the dark web,
like the step back issue I'm having the bow prior to break me be a custom not readily accepted.
..again just a guess, the dress code jockey straps they wear are black.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I must have missed something. Could you guys explain or post a video or thread link?

Thanks,
Dave

Serious. Seems like every major, I see the players in dark slacks. Pool video, you can't even tell what the balls are and they have all the lighting. They seriously gotta do something about the visual appeal of the players. I prefer the hats and zoot cargo shorts in that regard.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
...dave,
I haven't been there,
my guess is it's sumo players shooting pool on the dark web,
like the step back issue I'm having the bow prior to break me be a custom not readily accepted.
..again just a guess, the dress code jockey straps they wear are black.
Now I really don't have a clue what you guys are talking about.

Regards,
Dave

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
dr_dave,
I'm so sorry,
my bad.
I misappropriated the integer's 'me' for 'may'.

Line 4 of article 65 should read as follow;

...like the step back issue I'm having the bow prior to break may be a custom not readily accepted.

hope this helps in your quest for the uniformed etiquettes' of billiards,
I'm only trying to help even though I am not from a state of authority,
unless AZB residency counts.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
dr_dave,
I'm so sorry,
my bad.
I misappropriated the integer's 'me' for 'may'.

Line 4 of article 65 should read as follow;

...like the step back issue I'm having the bow prior to break may be a custom not readily accepted.

hope this helps in your quest for the uniformed etiquettes' of billiards,
I'm only trying to help even though I am not from a state of authority,
unless AZB residency counts.
That explains everything, especially the "uniformed etiquettes'." :grin-square:

Regards,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Winning is not so important you have to "Shark" in a social game.

This s**t drives me nuts.
I think it is just in many people's nature. They can't help themselves.

Personally, I don't care what my opponent or bystanders do or say. If I am focused, I don't get distracted. And if I am distracted, I try to stop and deal with the distraction before my shot and get up and re-start my pre-shot routine if necessary.

Regards,
Dave

kevoka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks!!!

I'm sorry I didn't think to include this. There's a guy on my team who has an uncanny ability to disappear just before it is his turn to play ... almost every time. He is either in the restroom, or getting quarters, or getting a drink, or all of the above. It pisses me off because I think it is so rude to make so many people wait for you like that.

Catch you later,
Dave

"I need a smoke" is the one that I have to deal with.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
"I need a smoke" is the one that I have to deal with.
I agree, especially on league night. Why don't they just wear nicotine patches instead so they don't need to make everybody on both teams wait to continue play.

This makes me think of the Simpsons episode where Crusty The Clown was trying to quick smoking, so he put nicotine patches over his entire body. And when that still wasn't satisfying enough, he started licking the patches he could reach with his tongue.

Even better, why don't smokers reverse the march to the grave (and save a ton of money) by trying to stop smoking. Being stuck at home like we are now is a good time to give it a go.

Regards,
Dave

Last edited:

AF pool guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just leave your cue on the table until you are out of the way.

Warning, only try this with friends.

When playing with someone who always breaks from the side rail, lay your cue along that rail while you rack. Finish racking and then pick up your cue and knock their cue ball across the table. You’ll be back in your seat before they stop cursing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
in regards to the smokers,
I was thinking it would be great,
very appropriate if the CDC sponsored the game.

target rich audience in all,
is there an etiquette section for smokers, the promoter and it's sponsor?
maybe more of a guidance question...

it says, everything we need to know

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
in regards to the smokers,
I was thinking it would be great,
very appropriate if the CDC sponsored the game.

target rich audience in all,
is there an etiquette section for smokers, the promoter and it's sponsor?
maybe more of a guidance question...
I purposely decided to not include anything about smoking/cigarettes/vaping/chew in my video because I think these things have absolutely no place in or around any public venue or environment (including billiards establishments). Also, I didn't want to offend the "users" in my video.

I know this practice hasn't been embraced yet in all parts of the country and world, but I hope it happens in the next 10-20 years. But then the government will need to start paying out a lot more social security money with so many people living so much longer. :eek: But on the other hand, the government would save a ton on Medicare expenses.

Regards,
Dave

Last edited: