FS/FT: 2016 Gilbert 4 Point Hoppe

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So that's where my old cue went. I ordered that new from Andy.

The wrap is irish linen and I did not use it a lot. I actually sent Andy another Gilbert hoppe and he basically copied the specs but changed the veneers to match an old Szamboti veneer combo I sent him a picture of.

I only let it go because I kept the original cue. That cue will make someone happy. Good luck with your sale.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yes it is a great cue. After receiving it, I went to a pool hall just to try it and thew up like 10 balls and the continued running like it was straight. I ran into the third rack and stopped. I can now always say I never missed with the Gilbert. It plays awesome.

Just trying to get some for money for a couple other guys I am still getting built, or trade up until I get a Tascarella and then stop.

Yes, on the Irish Linen, I suspect Andy used actual Cortland, it really seems like a brand new Cortland wrap. It will definitely be a fantastic cue for someone. The pictures dont do the cue justice.

I am seriously debating keeping it, but I am not going to stop using my Lambros and other cues are on my radar first.

jmonche

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   1
So that's where my old cue went. I ordered that new from Andy.

The wrap is irish linen and I did not use it a lot. I actually sent Andy another Gilbert hoppe and he basically copied the specs but changed the veneers to match an old Szamboti veneer combo I sent him a picture of.

I only let it go because I kept the original cue. That cue will make someone happy. Good luck with your sale.

That's it , it has been on the move since it left me ...lol ... it is a great cue for sure , I had Tony Layne make the joint protectors and Edge shaft. And as the pics show he did a superb job. It is a great playing cue and I only got rid of it because I had crazy cue trading disease!! GLWS

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nothing like a couple of guys ruining a seller’s thread boasting about themselves.....note the comment about the cue having been on the move....that’s sure to help out this seller with his like new Gilbert......moderators should seriously consider allowing any type of posting to a for-sale thread. I have seen this many, many times in the past 10-plus years and have been victimized as well.

Last edited: