need info on a Schon ltd

BLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought this cue a few days ago. Previous owner say's he bought it new 25 years ago? Took it to a friend that is very knowledgeable about Schon cues he noticed that someone had cleared the bottom of the cue, but he also noticed that the cue has a double taper. Would like some help finding out more about the cue.

schon006.jpg
schon001.jpg
schon005.jpg
schon004.jpg

BLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I talked to the guy I bought this que from and he is adamant he bought it it in the late 80's, can that be true? Who would be a good person to send it to to fix the bottom part (the butt)?

Thanks,

BL

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
I talked to the guy I bought this que from and he is adamant he bought it it in the late 80's, can that be true? Who would be a good person to send it to to fix the bottom part (the butt)?

Thanks,

BL

take pics & email them to Evan at Schon. he can tell you for sure what model it is.

address: info@schoncues.com

I will say that just about any Schon made in the 80s you can find a picture of at palmerculecollector.com & I don't remember seeing anything looking like your cue.

Last edited:

BLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to send it in to Schon and have it redone, got it cheap so I don't feel so bad about spending a few bucks on it... Had some guy's look at it at the local pool hall last night (pool tour.) and they date it to the late 80's. The shafts I have are not Schon shafts.... Let you know what I find out in about 12 weeks.:mad:

Thanks for the input,

BL

BLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't want to argue the 1999 point, but have been told by many people that they bought Ltd's pre 1999, not getting down on Llama at all, that's what the Schon website say's.

nateobot

Undercover FBI Agent
Silver Member
Well, the website doesn't actually say that they weren't made previous to 1999. It says "Schon LTDs are special edition cues which have been limited to editions of 12 cues since 1999."

This could very well mean that they were unlimited editions prior to 1999.

BLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, the website doesn't actually say that they weren't made previous to 1999. It says "Schon LTDs are special edition cues which have been limited to editions of 12 cues since 1999."

This could very well mean that they were unlimited editions prior to 1999.

Put Ltd on a cue but it's unlimited??????? I'm pretty sure all Schon Ltd's are limited to 12 or less, know matter what year they were made.

BL