Craig's List Finds - any good?

GrayBeard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought these 3 cues from a woman on Craig's List who was selling her father's collection of cues. He evidently ran the pool league in his retirement home before he died. Mostly he had a collection of cheap asian imports, but I did pick up these 3 cues for $10 each. A Schmelke sneaky in pretty good used condition, and two Mali cues. One has a significant rattle and the other needs a re-wrap. Both also have a little roll in the shafts. Butts appear to be strait. Both Mali shafts appear to be original.

Are these worth anything more than I paid for them? Is it worth the money to get a new wrap on the one Mali? Any idea what might be causing the rattle in the other one?

Any idea on what the white joint material is on the 2nd Mali?

The Schmelke is 19.5 oz, the two Malis are 18.5 and 20.5 oz.

Attachments

• 3-Cues.jpg
    3-Cues.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 706
  • Mali_1.jpg
    Mali_1.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 664
  • Mali_2.jpg
    Mali_2.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 657
  • Schmelke.jpg
    Schmelke.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 665

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:D

I would say the Mali cues would be $100-$150 each and the Schmelke...I use for tomato stakes.

:eek:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are all worth substantially more than what you paid.

The Schmelke might actually make a decent break cue. you might get $40-$60 on Ebay.

The Mali cues are an easy $150 on Ebay. Their condition hurts the value. In perfect condition they would easily go in the $200-$250 range.

The white joint is not ivory if that's what you are thinking. It's a type of plastic, some would call it implex and it may have been advertised as such, though it probably isn't that actual material it is a close facsimile.

Nice finds, and at $10 they are worth having fixed up if you like IMHO.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd add they are actually good hitting cues for the cash , put a ld shaft on them and they would be great players

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
McDermott D-21

Found a D-21 McDemott for $75 in the Los Angeles Craigslist.

Another time I picked up two Adam Cues. $100 each
One was a A/H-10 Ritz.
The other a A/H-26 Monte Carlo with Leather Wrap.

Last year a GCIV for $1,200

Players HXT Cue, second no name Cue and a Ballistic Nylon Case for $60.

Mcdermott M120 Odyssey for $125 with a 2x3 case.

Mezz Cue 1999 UJ-10 and Mezz Break/Jump BJ-B for $300

Ball Star Ball Cleaner for $150

Just bought a D-9 for $90 with a second no name cue from a CL ad in San Francisco. Used PayPal and he is sending it to me.

Still Looking for a Joss.

Last edited:

wolfgang

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a 1993 Richard Black W/2 shafts on Craig's list in Charleston a few years ago.