Importance of Fundamentals

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never really worked on my fundamentals, is there any good info out there about working on your fundamentals, one after another, to build something strong? Does anyone have a any comments where it really helped their game when they started improving their fundamentals? Thank you for any help.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps best answered by instructors...

Is there an accepted, comprehensive listing of fundamentals that one must be able to consider/perform adequately/somewhat mastered, to have a solid foundation?

Any ordering of importance?

after a layoff or just in need of a 'restart' ...we go back to basics....I just wonder what I'm leaving out when I rebuild. Or just do a tune up.:confused:

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A book Play Great Pool by Mark Wilson is well worth your time and consideration and is a bargain for the price.

Personal lessons from a top level instructor can also be a direct route to improved fundamentals in short time

No matter the source you have to burn them in with diligence and consistency in practice and play

Have fun play hard you can be all you want to be. So get out there and get it on

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I have never really worked on my fundamentals, is there any good info out there about working on your fundamentals, one after another, to build something strong? Does anyone have a any comments where it really helped their game when they started improving their fundamentals? Thank you for any help.

You need to assess what specifically you need to work on in order to improve. Don't start messing with things that don't necessarily need to be addressed. So I'd get an instructor or knowledgeable player to take a peek and see what may be holding you back.

I like to simplify the process by stating that the overall goal is to put your cue on the line of aiming and push through in a straight line. Your fundamentals are meant to facilitate this seemingly simple task. So try to determine what is impeding your from doing these things.

Also may help to determine what kind of shots you struggle with.