Earl Strickland personal cue for sale

Stephen Folan

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, I've been member of azbilliards, but have been a lurker more than anything! This is the first time I've attempted to sell something via azbilliards, so if I've forgotten something or not following etiquette please do let me know.

I acquired this Cuetec cue directly from Earl Strickland at the Derby City Classic in Louisville KY in 2007 (If my memory serves me correctly).

In all the time I've owned it, I've only played a handful of shots with it to see what it felt like. The taper is extremely long and tapers very quickly, it's basically straight right down to where it tapers (I tried to capture that in a couple of the photos), Earl told me he did this himself, however I'm not sure if he meant he did it personally or had it done by a cue maker. The tip (non layered, looks like an elk master) and red tip pad have not been replaced and is what Earl was playing with.

I haven't cleaned it or modified the cue in any way since I got it. There are a couple of marks on the shaft (near the ferrule), which were there already when I got it, but didn't want to try to remove them. I wanted to keep the cue essentially untouched. The wrap had a more rubbery finish when I first got it (like a tennis racquet handle), but has all since dried out and I had to rub it off as it would get your hands dirty and black just holding it.

The cue is 58" long, however not sure of the weight. If you need more pics, please let me know.

Anyway, I feel like it needs a new home, and I'm looking for $1000 OBO for it, so if you're in the market for a piece of billiard history, drop me a private message! Thanks :)

EDIT - Additionally, I believe it's the same cue (correct me if i'm wrong) that he smashed in the 2006 Mosconi Cup - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stJqzaHMNZs

Last edited:

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Wow that pup has 'Earl' literally written all over it starting with that full shaft straight taper, tennis racquet grip to the soft elk master with a 'pad':eek:k:

GLWS

-Kat,

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
Wow that pup has 'Earl' literally written all over it starting with that full shaft straight taper, tennis racquet grip to the soft elk master with a 'pad':eek:k:

GLWS

-Kat,

Yep, nobody should be questioning the authenticity of this one. :thumbup:

cool cue and GLWYS

dealerphil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I feel Mike Gulyassy may have done the custom taper. He and Earl were working together at some point a while back. Also, I know Mike does super long tapers and applies a "shaft freeze" that helps maintain his custom tapered shafts.

~~~~~~~~~~~

In reply to, "...but has all since dried out and I had to rub it off..."

After rubbing off on Earl's cue does that make the price a lot more flexible? Was that too much?