Cheating in Tournaments

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Mario He would have played Mosconi Cup but due to WADA testing was withdrawn.

This is about lower level tournaments where the operator/director doesn't test.

Basically how can I take performance enhancing drugs, cash in at tournaments and not get caught.

I heard about Loree Jon missing a foul and not playing BIH. I bet if she had some uppers or alerts enhancers, she would have caught that.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Basically how can I take performance enhancing drugs, cash in at tournaments and not get caught.

I heard about Loree Jon missing a foul and not playing BIH. I bet if she had some uppers or alerts enhancers, she would have caught that.
HUH???? Major troll alert. Jeez.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I can see why sports outlaw the use of performance enhancing drugs,
What I cannot see is why they outlaw the use of performance degrading drugs !?!

justnum

Silver Member
Head in the sand or not, what happens in other tournaments could happen in billiards.

I wouldn't mind playing tournaments, but there are no assurances that people don't cheat. Fargorate is a nice incentive to match me up with "level skill" opponents.

But their is no screening against people using substances. I might as well sign up for a natural bodybuilding competition and not use gear.

Billiards doesn't have that promotion tool in most tournaments. The distinction between a clean tournament and a dirty one. It is easier to assume its all dirty. In pro tournaments some of the first round matches do not seem random at all. It is almost as if they pick the most popular players for a match, to create "hype."

But you all know best because the billiard industry is a mecca of latest trends and innovations.

I post on AZ. However some of the beliefs held by spectators fans and sponsors is "wishful thinking." Lots of success is made on "wishful thinking." Its just not the success you have in mind.

These links are for old masters level cyclists doping in amateur events.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/two-amateur-riders-aged-56-and-57-handed-doping-bans-for-refusing-to-provide-samples-367466

http://cycling.today/three-masters-cyclists-caught-doping-with-epo-in-amateur-race/

Last edited:

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
You'd have to define PED's.

Some people can be playing, smoke a joint, and come back so relaxed and care free that they feel 0 pressure.

Other people need a few pills and they don't miss for days.

This is not tournament matches though, it's for the cheddar.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I can see why sports outlaw the use of performance enhancing drugs,
What I cannot see is why they outlaw the use of performance degrading drugs !?!

Because in a physical sport (like football) you have better chance of getting hurt if your performance is degraded.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Testing?

Who is going to pay for it?

There are far more costs than just the test itself and if you think a $100 entry fee is going to cover the cost of the individual's test...it is not.

justnum

Silver Member

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know it's common practice to test the Euro tour players. I wonder if the USA or European team was tested specifically for the cup

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A competition similar prize/entry structure to a pro billiard competition that does polygraph and urine testing. It is an amateur bodybuilding event.

https://www.naturalmusclemayhem.com/2016-california-natural-muscle-mayhem/

Interesting thought, that a separate testing fee shall be paid by any entrant. Would take a major culture change to have it accepted.

Also of note is that competitors must be active members of the organization. I didn't look into what that entails, but as we all know, no such structure exists in the USA.

justnum

Silver Member
Interesting thought, that a separate testing fee shall be paid by any entrant. Would take a major culture change to have it accepted.

Also of note is that competitors must be active members of the organization. I didn't look into what that entails, but as we all know, no such structure exists in the USA.

I thought everyone was happy to pay for the fargorate fees.

Drug testing and openly prohibiting substance use, it might turn some people off. But what types of people would it attract?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought everyone was happy to pay for the fargorate fees.

Drug testing and openly prohibiting substance use, it might turn some people off. But what types of people would it attract?
Dude, what's with the performance drug obsession? Somebody beat you you thought shouldn't have?

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
After just playing for nearly six years in the state event I can tell you everyone needs something to stay awake for the grind. For some that's soda, coffee, or red bull. For others, who knows? Very little if no time to eat/sleep had many searching for a pick-me-up.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
After just playing for nearly six years in the state event I can tell you everyone needs something to stay awake for the grind. For some that's soda, coffee, or red bull. For others, who knows? Very little if no time to eat/sleep had many searching for a pick-me-up.
You know, I've often wondered if I should search for something that could possibly make me relax and focus better. For anyone who is not a pro and who would never come up against drug testing at work or in pool, I've always thought that if a player could take something that improved their game and it wasn't a significant health risk, why not? I don't think that I would call it cheating either. We all have an opportunity to find things that might help each of us play better.

For example, I know a guy that is below a 600 Fargo Rating player. BUT....when he has smoked a lot of weed, I have seen him play for 2 to 3 hours without missing a shot. Other people that I know that know this guy say the same thing about him. When he is smoking weed, he can play unreal.

I've often wondered if I went to the Dr and asked him if he could prescribe me something for anxiety and if I only took it before playing under stressful conditions, if it would be worth it and if it would allow me to play much better.

OldOrvis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well

the more drugs you do the better youll play...if you start playing bad again just up the dosage....youre welcome

OldOrvis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know, I've often wondered if I should search for something that could possibly make me relax and focus better. For anyone who is not a pro and who would never come up against drug testing at work or in pool, I've always thought that if a player could take something that improved their game and it wasn't a significant health risk, why not? I don't think that I would call it cheating either. We all have an opportunity to find things that might help each of us play better.

For example, I know a guy that is below a 600 Fargo Rating player. BUT....when he has smoked a lot of weed, I have seen him play for 2 to 3 hours without missing a shot. Other people that I know that know this guy say the same thing about him. When he is smoking weed, he can play unreal.

I've often wondered if I went to the Dr and asked him if he could prescribe me something for anxiety and if I only took it before playing under stressful conditions, if it would be worth it and if it would allow me to play much better.

Adderall ...... You are welcome also lol

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lazy, insecure players feel they have to take drugs to perform better than their peers.

If you really want to last in long tournaments, focus on getting healthy.