how are ya'll doing in league ?

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Won some pretty big matches lost some pretty silly ones, officially I feel that I should be about 9-1 or at least 8-2 but all in all i'm still holding strong, can 't wait to see the standing. (local 14.1)

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a 5 in 9 ball. Recent wins: 15-5 vs a 7, 15-5 vs a 6, 13-7 vs a 7, 13-7 vs a 6. Lost by 3 balls to another 6. Guess I'm hittin' 'em ok right now.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All great wins Lorider and congrats going undefeated for the qualifiers especially about the 7 and 8 those are always great confidence boosters.

As for me I played my last match of the season Thursday sadly our team was already last place through no fault of my own but they sure did want to use me as a scapegoat(despite having the highest win record amongst most of the league and also only one of two people on my team with a winning record...). Anyways for 9 ball I played one of my greatest friends in pool(Takis if u ever see em strike a convo with him) and the first person I ever asked if I can play with them(surprisingly this was the first time in 4 seasons I play him in APA). He welcomed me with such hospitality introducing me to his wife and teammates(on my first time meeting him). We are both 4's and he normally beats me every time since I see em as a mentor I just can't seem to play my all against him and even he will ask me wtf is up that he wants to play my best me. Finally though I beat em in a very close 31-30. After that I played 8 ball against another close friend and their captain who's a 4 and I'm a 5. I lousily did not see where my ball would go first match and scratched while making the 8. Second game she played well. Third I won and the fourth game well she won again as she was shooting great and I wasn't losing 1-3(4-3 race). After this season though my captain said there may not be a team as there's only been 5 of us past two seasons and with three members having losing records and if anyone can't make it we have to forfeit a match(we already have to in 9 as we've gone past the skill cap)I believe they just got discouraged so I may be on hiatus or find a team who needs someone but my league is full

hang in there...believe it or not a lot of teams are always looking for a decent shooting 4. 4's and 5's are the backbone of a good team ...imo.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was kind of worried about joining a league, but I'm ending our regular season with 8 wins and 3 losses and a 7 rating. I didn't realize that when they say "Everyone can play" they really mean it...for better or for worse. The next step is probably a masters league where I will get my butt kicked but it has been a cool experience so far.

if you are a 7 you can hold your own in master....but then an apa 7 can range anywhere from a c+ to semi pro . :D

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Won some pretty big matches lost some pretty silly ones, officially I feel that I should be about 9-1 or at least 8-2 but all in all i'm still holding strong, can 't wait to see the standing. (local 14.1)

good shooting :wink:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a 5 in 9 ball. Recent wins: 15-5 vs a 7, 15-5 vs a 6, 13-7 vs a 7, 13-7 vs a 6. Lost by 3 balls to another 6. Guess I'm hittin' 'em ok right now.

not bad at all:thumbup:

last night i faced a 6 in 9 ball. my closest win i have had in the last few months. won by 1 point.:eek:

i faced the same guy in 8 ball. i won the lag and and made a b&r the 1st rack. i won the next 2 racks and am on the hill 3-0. i break dry the 4th rack and he runs the table.

5th rack he breaks and runs 3 balls ...i run 5 balls and then he runs out.

6th rack he runs 3 balls again..i run 2 and play safe. he misses i run 2 more and play safe. ne runs 3 and misses and i run out winning 4-2.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not bad at all:thumbup:

last night i faced a 6 in 9 ball. my closest win i have had in the last few months. won by 1 point.:eek:

i faced the same guy in 8 ball. i won the lag and and made a b&r the 1st rack. i won the next 2 racks and am on the hill 3-0. i break dry the 4th rack and he runs the table.

5th rack he breaks and runs 3 balls ...i run 5 balls and then he runs out.

6th rack he runs 3 balls again..i run 2 and play safe. he misses i run 2 more and play safe. ne runs 3 and misses and i run out winning 4-2.
Very nice!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Started playing a "masters league" meaning no handicap tonight. Lost 7-2.....oops! Choice of 8 or 9 ball, 5-8ball gms, 8-9ball gms. Flippers choice. Should be a fun league - havent played in about a yr........look out next week
Jason.

If there are any more interested in Havre de grace md area, there's room for a few more teams - In house - Rodgers house tavern HDG. 4 man teams, 3 play, 8 and 9 ball, no handicap - run what you brung.
Jason

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Started playing a "masters league" meaning no handicap tonight. Lost 7-2.....oops! Choice of 8 or 9 ball, 5-8ball gms, 8-9ball gms. Flippers choice. Should be a fun league - havent played in about a yr........look out next week
Jason.

If there are any more interested in Havre de grace md area, there's room for a few more teams - In house - Rodgers house tavern HDG. 4 man teams, 3 play, 8 and 9 ball, no handicap - run what you brung.
Jason

good luck...i think you will enjoy it...i know i do.:grin:this is my 3rd session. 1st match i ever played i lost 7-0:eek: had to quit early 1st session due to a chnge in work schedule. 2nd session i managed a 50% record. this session i am 2-3 so far.

tonight in double jeapordy i faced a 4 in 8 ball. i won the lag and started out pretty strong winning the 1st 3 in a row.

4th rack it was like i forgot how to shoot all of a sudden. next thing you know my opponent won 2 in a row and its hill-hill. i managed to get it together enough to win the last rack.

about 45 minutes later i face their 8 in 9 ball. he is shooting great and i am still in the same funk that i ended 8 ball with.....bad combination. :frown:

he wins 19-1 . when i go up and shake his hand he says...that is payback for knocking me out of the regional qualifier 2 weeks ago (single elimination ).

i replied....that is ok.....at least i am going to nashville and you aint. every one on both teams started laughing. :grin-square:tonite was my 1st loss in 9 ball in the last month and a half...beating a 9 last week.

cant win them all....just hate playing lousy like i did tonight.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playoffs... I managed to win both of my matches pretty easily. In 9-ball I am a 5 and beat a 6 by 17-3, and in 8-ball I am a 7 and beat a 6 by 5-2 (though my opponent would have been on the hill at 3-3 were it not for a fortunate APA slop roll in the penultimate game). I was proud of some of the safeties I laid, a couple of which were really nasty and led to clearances. The two teams lost both matches though. What can you do... it does make scheduling easier for next week :)

Last edited:

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Crawled back

I got down to a 6 in 9 ball 37-33 with two horrible sell out 1 balls. Came back and won 75-41 in 4 more innings with two lights out safeties. Never give up.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lost 25-34 to a 3...but this 3 banked his way out of three consecutive safeties. Gotta love giving up huuuuge weight. But I just shook his hand cuz he played great.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played double jeapordy wed night.

Won 8 ball 4-3 vs a 6

In 9 ball I faced a 4 in 38-31 race. I was up 37-24 and feeling pretty confident in a win with him breaking and needing 7 points to my 1.

He made 3 on the break and ran 4 more to win the match. Only thing that kept him from a break and run was he got his required points on the 7 ball....the 8 and 9 were hangers.

Damn. ....i just shook his hand and said good shooting

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pardon me fellas but i gotta do a lil braggin here :grin-square:

my fri night scotch doubles team has been kickin butt ever since i put it together 2 sessions ago.

the 1st session we qualified for 8 ball ltc. 2nd session we qualified for 9 ball ltc. this session we have been in 1st place in both since the 1st week with only one week left this session.

last night we won 5 out of 6 matches with one of my players having an unchararistic bad night in 9 ball singles....lost to a 3 25-23.:frown: he did win 8 ball singles 4-1 vs a 6 though.

my co captain and i were on a roll last night.

he won 8 ball singles 4-1 vs another 5 . he and i won 8 ball doubles 4-0 vs a 6/4 team. he and i won 9 ball doubles 38-22 vs a 7/3 team in a 38-38 race.

now for the coup de grace....i won 9 ball singles vs a 7 by 38-26.....one of my better nights :grin-square:

i hope we can perform like that in ltc's .

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pardon me fellas but i gotta do a lil braggin here :grin-square:

my fri night scotch doubles team has been kickin butt ever since i put it together 2 sessions ago.

the 1st session we qualified for 8 ball ltc. 2nd session we qualified for 9 ball ltc. this session we have been in 1st place in both since the 1st week with only one week left this session.

last night we won 5 out of 6 matches with one of my players having an unchararistic bad night in 9 ball singles....lost to a 3 25-23.:frown: he did win 8 ball singles 4-1 vs a 6 though.

my co captain and i were on a roll last night.

he won 8 ball singles 4-1 vs another 5 . he and i won 8 ball doubles 4-0 vs a 6/4 team. he and i won 9 ball doubles 38-22 vs a 7/3 team in a 38-38 race.

now for the coup de grace....i won 9 ball singles vs a 7 by 38-26.....one of my better nights :grin-square:

i hope we can perform like that in ltc's .
You keep whoopin' 7s like that and you will not be a 5 in the ltc. But so what?!! Be the best you can be, I say. Strive for 7/9!

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Atlanta APA division playoffs last night. My 9 ball team won regular session by 100 points, getting 1,050 for the session. So, last night, we won first match 16-4. Second match, won 15-5. Then it was my turn. Played a strong 6; I won 15-5. So, after 3 matches, we were up 46-14, needing our 4th to pocket only 15 points to give us the win. Done and done. On to Qualifiers and City Championships!!!

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Atlanta APA division playoffs last night. My 9 ball team won regular session by 100 points, getting 1,050 for the session. So, last night, we won first match 16-4. Second match, won 15-5. Then it was my turn. Played a strong 6; I won 15-5. So, after 3 matches, we were up 46-14, needing our 4th to pocket only 15 points to give us the win. Done and done. On to Qualifiers and City Championships!!!

great shooting and good luck. :thumbup:

my wed night 9 ball team qualified for cities by coming in 1st place last session.

last tue my 8 ball team won in 3 matches with me winning 4-2 vs a 6

last wed night in 8 ball playoffs we won in 3 matches with me winning 4-0 vs another 5

also qualified for cities in both 8 and 9 ball scotch doubles.

i hope one of those 5 teams makes it through cities. thankfully my two 8 ball teams are in different brackets for tri cups next weekend.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You keep whoopin' 7s like that and you will not be a 5 in the ltc. But so what?!! Be the best you can be, I say. Strive for 7/9!

are you physic or what ? went up to a 6 this week after beating a 9 by 38-60 in 12 innings. cant play in my 9 ball doubles cities now.....unless i go back down before then. still eligible for 8 ball doubles cities with the same team.

had 8 ball tri cups this weekend which we won. i went 3-1 this weekend.

already qualified for 9 ball cities also.

be1163

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our 8-Ball team squeaked into playoffs by one point thanks to my wife (SL2) joining the team. Playoffs were yesterday and again thanks to my wife we ended up winning and getting a spot at regionals.

She beat a 5 and 3 for a total of 5 points. Where my game (SL7) was not even close to being on, her and the team deserve all the credit for pulling it off.

After playoffs they ran a 'captains' tournament for a qualifying spot and I final showed up to win it. Day wad long though being at the hall at 10:30am and got home at 1:15am.

Well worth it! :)

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Match last night: Dude i was playing was a new player, so sl4. In the middle of the match, before i was about to break from winning last rack, their captain asks how long i have played. I said 20 years. He said he thought six months based on how i shoot.

I said, "well, i'm breaking and your guy isn't". I then proceeded to crush his guy. Dude made only 4 total balls in next 4 racks.