JB Weld for wood to slate

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m attaching some hardwood to my slate. I’m planning to use JB Weld unless advice otherwise. I need the strongest bond possible. The attaching surface area is ~1 1/2” x 40”

Thanks.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I’m attaching some hardwood to my slate. I’m planning to use JB Weld unless advice otherwise. I need the strongest bond possible. The attaching surface area is ~1 1/2” x 40”

Thanks.

Im not a table mechanic but I did stay stay at a Holiday Inn last night. :D:D

Besides that I have used JB Weld a lot, it is incredibly strong, almost to the point I would think it could be overkill for this project? I would think there is a standard epoxy that would work well for doing this, they usually tell you what different materials you can use the epoxy on, if not mix up a little and epoxy a piece of wood to a inconspicuous area and see how strong it is.

JC

Coos Cues
I would use poly glue. (Brown gorilla glue) And clamp it in place overnight. It will not fall off.

JC

HaiNhi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is structural, with bolts reinforcing the bond. I just got the jb clearweld, rated ~4400 PSI, from Home Depot. This is the quick set one. Regular set only comes in small tubes. I also have a bottle of gorilla glue too.

I’m planning to work on it in the next couple of day.

Last edited: