Kincaid Table- The Professional

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Made me look.
Hmm, no center support? No support at the ends ?

Attachments

• kincaid.jpg
    kincaid.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 897

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
You get what you pay for I suppose. Caveat Emptor.

plhlolelnlilx

F.I.S.H.
Silver Member
I may not be an "expert" when it comes to pool tables but I am when it comes to natural stone or slate in this case. The issue isn't necessarily the support the cross members offer over the short term but rather over a long period of time. People have used the term warp when it comes to slate and that's incorrect. The slate will sag or bend slightly if not supported.

Let's imagine this isn't an issue for this table. Does the table play as needed compared to say a Gold Crown? If so, this design could easily be retrofitted to provide that support with little effort and expense. I know they have a showroom so I'm going to go test the rails out in the coming weeks. For $2k ish it looks promising.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Rubicon79

I noticed their updated professional table resembles a diamond instead of a gold crown. Any reviews or opinions on this table?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed their updated professional table resembles a diamond instead of a gold crown. Any reviews or opinions on this table?
Questionable - Why would they tout this is as their "fastest" pool table? Why use K55 cushion rubbers as opposed to K66 rubbers for all their other models? Obviously they are not spending the extra $$ to use Artemis or Klematch cushion rubbers or they would certainly note that in their description. Why 1/8" below BCA specs for cushion rubber nose height? My guess is they don't want to spend the extra $$ to redesign their sub rail system to properly match the K55 cushion rubbers. This lower than BCA spec recommended cushion nose height will potentially create play ability issues.

My guess is anyone ordering this table expecting Diamond or Gold Crown quality in terms of play ability is going to be very disappointed. If my budget for a commercial quality playing table was $2k - $2.5k, I'd choose to shop around for a deal on a used older model Gold Crown, as you'd be unlikely to find a used Diamond anywhere near that price range.

Last edited: