How much is this silly cue worth? Who's ever heard of Burton Spain anway?

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Anyone wanna trad e for a predator Revo even up?

Attachments

• IMG_20170128_202153.jpg
    IMG_20170128_202153.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 1,369
  • IMG_20170128_202214.jpg
    IMG_20170128_202214.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 1,452
  • IMG_20170128_202205.jpg
    IMG_20170128_202205.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 1,355

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A six pack

I will give you a six pack of beer (my choosing) and come pick it up. I will even play you a few games using the cue just so you can see how bad it plays in my hands and then you can relish in the fact that you now have beer instead of some silly old piece of kindling.

jalapus logan

Silver Member
I will give you a six pack of beer (my choosing) and come pick it up. I will even play you a few games using the cue just so you can see how bad it plays in my hands and then you can relish in the fact that you now have beer instead of some silly old piece of kindling.

I'm sure was can make a deal provided it's Miller lite you're talking about.

goettlicher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Burton Spain was a famous cue maker. Sold his points to many other famous cue makers.

Part of being a good player is knowing the History of our sport.

randyg

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know how much this cue is worth since Bill Grassely at Cornerstone Cues listed the same design
cue on his website and we discussed the cue by Burton Spain and whether Bill could find me one
with a flat ivory joint. Since it turned out to be a dead end, I switched interest to the Hercek MOP cue
on Cornerstone Cues' website. Along the way, I also chatted with Joel about Burton's workmanship.
I wish I could have had the pleasure of making the acquaintance of Burton Spain but I do hope I'm able
to meet Joel sometime before I expire. Anyway, anyone keeping me in mind at DCC, re" Hercek Cues?

Matt B.

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
If you were even 1% serious, you would be receiving several Revos on your door step.

And that would be just from myself. Nice cue, BTW.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
There is an older gentleman who comes to the Cue Ball (Salem, Oregon) from time to time. His Burton Spain was made for him,
Has his name on it. He was kind enough to let me shoot a few....Gawd, what a sweet hit.

Last edited:

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Ok. Somehow this thread got moved into the wanted/for sale section??? LOL. I just wanted to share my friend's dad's sweet Burton Spain cue that Spain made for him in the mid 70's. Sweet cue and sweet bit of pool history. NOT FOR SALE, nor actually for trade for a Revo, ha ha! ;)

doctor2pi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok. Somehow this thread got moved into the wanted/for sale section??? LOL. I just wanted to share my friend's dad's sweet Burton Spain cue that Spain made for him in the mid 70's. Sweet cue and sweet bit of pool history. NOT FOR SALE, nor actually for trade for a Revo, ha ha! ;)

LOL this thread is gold. Got a good belly laugh out of this one. Somewhere an AZ member is crying because they just got their Revo in the mail and started to PM you and then they saw your last post.

CPhilipRoss

Registered
Spain 6 point

This was Burton's model 34. There had been one listed on line a few years ago for ~$7,500. I was fortunate enough to purchase Burton's playing cue (this model with the Delrin joint) from him in 1993. The best cue I ever played.