Reload this Page Recommend a Table Mover Mechanic Near Boston
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Recommend a Table Mover Mechanic Near Boston
Old
  (#1)
jviss
AzB Silver Member
jviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Recommend a Table Mover Mechanic Near Boston - 03-18-2019, 03:37 PM

Can anyone recommend a table mover and mechanic in the Boston, MA area?

I've found a table that I want moved ASAP, and set up in my place. It's about a 40 mile move. The destination is Westborough, MA (where the Mass Pike and 495 intersect).

It's a Brunswick GC V.

Thanks,

jv

Old
  (#2)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jviss View Post

I've found a table that I want moved ASAP, and set up in my place. It's about a 40 mile move. The destination is Westborough, MA (where the Mass Pike and 495 intersect).

It's a Brunswick GC V.

Thanks,

jv
Give Marty Hermann a call. He'll take care of you. Mention the AZB special.

Old
  (#3)
jviss
AzB Silver Member
jviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond reputejviss has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
Give Marty Hermann a call. He'll take care of you. Mention the AZB special.
Yes, thanks for nothing, buddy.

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=14054

Old
  (#4)
Dana Bufalo
AzB Silver Member
Dana Bufalo has a reputation beyond reputeDana Bufalo has a reputation beyond reputeDana Bufalo has a reputation beyond reputeDana Bufalo has a reputation beyond reputeDana Bufalo has a reputation beyond reputeDana Bufalo has a reputation beyond reputeDana Bufalo has a reputation beyond reputeDana Bufalo has a reputation beyond reputeDana Bufalo has a reputation beyond reputeDana Bufalo has a reputation beyond reputeDana Bufalo has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I've found a table that I want moved ASAP, and set up in my place. It's about a 40 mile move. The destination is Westborough, MA (where the Mass Pike and 495 intersect).It's a Brunswick GC V.
Thanks,
jv
Dave Egdahl (617) 212-8368

World Class Cue Care - Smart Wipes
a safe, effective, easy-to-use method of cue maintenance.
________Proud sponsor of the Joss Northeast 9-Ball Tour.

Old
  (#5)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

03-18-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Wow, that goes all the way back to '05. The guy is a legend

Old
  (#6)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-18-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:

It's a Brunswick GC V.

Thanks,

jv
Yes do it ASAP. Then let me know where you live, I work in Westborough.
This is not a joke.
I will find you.
If you give up voluntary I may let you win a few games.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Old
  (#7)
jviss
AzB Silver Member

03-18-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hang-the-9 View Post
Yes do it ASAP. Then let me know where you live, I work in Westborough.
This is not a joke.
I will find you.
If you give up voluntary I may let you win a few games.
That's a little bit creepy, don't you think?

Old
  (#8)
hang-the-9
AzB Silver Member
hang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond reputehang-the-9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-18-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
That's a little bit creepy, don't you think?
Only to those from Ireland, but if you need to step up house security I won't blame you. Us middle aged computer types can be dangerous. Before you know it your internet will be running very slow for some mysterious reasons.

Oh, I would second Dave, last time I saw him was probably 20 years ago, but the tables he setup were top notch. I think he owned Brighton Billiards, that was a great room. Bellow street level, smokey with burgers made very likely without approval from any department that would approve those things, but very good. I remember putting my name on the waiting list, that was 1+ hours, heading out to another pool hall then coming back to grab a table.

"I'll back you against anyone, as long as you did not know you were playng for money"

Charter member of the D-Bag Club, we stick to the letter of the rules not the spirit, and up yours!

Last edited by hang-the-9; 03-18-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Table
Old
  (#9)
ROB.M
:)
ROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond reputeROB.M has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 980

Table - 03-18-2019, 09:37 PM

Get ahold of Boston dave.. if you donít know who he is just ask around~> youíll find him.
Or he can point you in the right direction.

Rob.M

Couldn't play dead in a cowboy movie'

Old
  (#10)
jviss
AzB Silver Member

03-19-2019, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB.M View Post
Get ahold of Boston dave.. if you donít know who he is just ask around~> youíll find him.
Or he can point you in the right direction.

Rob.M
Is that the Dave Egdahl mentioned above?

I'd like to know if people here can recommend or review a person's work, based on actual experience with them.

Old
  (#11)
Pete
AzB Silver Member
Pete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2019, 06:54 AM

Maybe Mazin Shooni in Malden MA. Amazing Billiards..

Old
  (#12)
Koop
AzB Silver Member
Koop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond reputeKoop has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 78612

03-19-2019, 07:13 AM

Dave Egdahl is who I used and he's a great guy that does an impeccable job.

Old
  (#13)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2019, 07:17 AM

Your guess is light, even though it is not together, anyone who knows what they are doing will charge at least $500 to move and set it back up. Not moving it yourself is a smart move. You are buying one of the best pool tables out there!

My advice: If you need to move it immediately Find the best "movers" you can to move the table to its new home, then I would call Jay Spielberg. A-1 Billiards Service 603-765-6160. I have worked with him, anyone who knows anything knows that he is absolutely the best in the area, one of the best ever and he may cost more than the rest, but, it is worth it. Have him put brand spankin new Simonis when he sets it up.

That is my best advice, take it or leave it.

As my friend Frank(Gold Crown) said, "Do it right the first time.
TODAY 08:54 AM"

Trent from Toledo

Mechanic
Old
  (#14)
minnesota_slim
AzB Bronze Member
minnesota_slim is on a distinguished road

Mechanic - 03-19-2019, 07:35 AM

Matt Tetreault in Agawam is good.

Old
  (#15)
doitforthegame
AzB Silver Member
doitforthegame has a reputation beyond reputedoitforthegame has a reputation beyond reputedoitforthegame has a reputation beyond reputedoitforthegame has a reputation beyond reputedoitforthegame has a reputation beyond reputedoitforthegame has a reputation beyond reputedoitforthegame has a reputation beyond reputedoitforthegame has a reputation beyond reputedoitforthegame has a reputation beyond reputedoitforthegame has a reputation beyond reputedoitforthegame has a reputation beyond repute

03-19-2019, 05:04 PM

Both Dave Egdahl and Matt Teatrault are both great guys and great mechanics. They both recovered the tables in my old pool room "Pockets" in Bradford Mass. I highly recommend either. Also I have been using Jay Spielberg (603-765-6160) from Manchester to recover the tables at the Towanda Club, my men's club in Woburn. He is also excellent. I have recommended him to many people including the Moose in Woburn and several individuals home tables. He has done a great job.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: