Reload this Page * lifetime cue *
Page 1 of 3 1 23

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
* lifetime cue *
Old
  (#1)
Kevin Lindstrom
14.1 Addict
Kevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Lindstrom has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 6237

* lifetime cue * - 05-17-2019, 10:36 AM

Let me start by saying that I have owned close to 100 cues over my 30 plus years of playing pool. Some cues better than others but I have tried a lot of different cues.

On Wednesday of this week I have finally settled on what I feel will be my Lifetime Cue. I have ordered this cue from a custom cue maker and should have it in what I feel is a reasonable wait time. A lifetime cue to me should have the exact look, feel and playability that I desire.

For 21 years I have attended the Super Billiards Expo always in search of my lifetime cue. In a couple of those years and looking at thousands of different cues I was still yet to find that perfect cue. There were times when I thought I had found it but then I either didn't have enough money or wasn't able to justify the asking price of the cue.

I have ordered about a dozen custom cues over the years from a handful of different makers and have still not been totally satisfied. I have had a lot of great cues don't get me wrong but just not the total package.

With this next cue I am 100% sure I will be done buying, trying, trading and selling cues. I hope to remain patient during this build time although I am super anxious to receive this cue. I will disclose the makers name in the near future and obviously post pictures once I receive the cue.

Lastly I would like to know how many players have there own Lifetime Cue and would like to add their pictures to this thread.

Thanks for reading and also posting your lifetime cue and or pictures.

Kevin

SCREW IT LETS RIDE

Old
  (#2)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

05-17-2019, 10:45 AM

Sounds like a guy who just found out his
wife is reading this forum

Old
  (#3)
pwd72s
recreational banger
pwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond reputepwd72s has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2019, 10:46 AM

Thanks for the chuckle...I mean, you've yet to hit a ball with this cue, yet you're sure it will be your "lifetime" cue? Hmmmm.

I can say that my Josey has been my player for 12 years...with no plans of buying another cue.
Attached Images

Old
  (#4)
Rimfirejunkie
AzB Silver Member
Rimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Lindstrom View Post
Let me start by saying that I have owned close to 100 cues over my 30 plus years of playing pool. Some cues better than others but I have tried a lot of different cues.

On Wednesday of this week I have finally settled on what I feel will be my Lifetime Cue. I have ordered this cue from a custom cue maker and should have it in what I feel is a reasonable wait time. A lifetime cue to me should have the exact look, feel and playability that I desire.

For 21 years I have attended the Super Billiards Expo always in search of my lifetime cue. In a couple of those years and looking at thousands of different cues I was still yet to find that perfect cue. There were times when I thought I had found it but then I either didn't have enough money or wasn't able to justify the asking price of the cue.

I have ordered about a dozen custom cues over the years from a handful of different makers and have still not been totally satisfied. I have had a lot of great cues don't get me wrong but just not the total package.

With this next cue I am 100% sure I will be done buying, trying, trading and selling cues. I hope to remain patient during this build time although I am super anxious to receive this cue. I will disclose the makers name in the near future and obviously post pictures once I receive the cue.

Lastly I would like to know how many players have there own Lifetime Cue and would like to add their pictures to this thread.

Thanks for reading and also posting your lifetime cue and or pictures.

Kevin

A lifetime cue you’ve never shot with? A+ for enthusiasm

Old
  (#5)
Frankenstroke
2 Gus Szamboti cues

Frankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond reputeFrankenstroke has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2019, 11:22 AM

I've had a couple "lifetime" cues. The first is a 1977 Szamboti.

I wish I had more lifetimes to enjoy them all.

"Game not in paddle. Game in you."
Balls of Fury (2007)

Old
  (#6)
Tooler
Inside Engrish Prease
Tooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond reputeTooler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

05-17-2019, 11:54 AM

I think I'd rather spend a lifetime enjoying them all....LOL

--------------------------------------------------------------
Playing cues: Big-Pin Ivory Scruggs
Judd Wrapless (Still the All Time Fav).
Cue Case: Whitten 2x4
Tip: Searing (Hard)
Fav shaft: Gulyassy SPTX(whip it good)

Old
  (#7)
RichSchultz
AzB Silver Member
RichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthinkof01 View Post
or someone trying to convince themself that they aren’t a cue addict like the rest of us.

Old
  (#8)
JessEm
AzB Silver Member
JessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond reputeJessEm has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2019, 12:21 PM

This thread is raining green!

Agree the OP seems a little premature. Shouldn't someone whose owned 100 cues know better than to start counting chickens before the eggs have hatched? (Not doubting the 100 cues, just my logic at work..). Unless, there's specific details about this cue, and special insight, that hasn't been shared?

To the OP: Just curious, by your standards, how is your game right now?

I will say, you got my attention... Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Tad Lofstrom custom
Samsara Jump/Break
vintage Brunswick by Schmelke

Old
  (#9)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

05-17-2019, 12:41 PM

Let us know when it's in the for sale section.
I'm sure we all would like to see it.

Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey

I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Old
  (#10)
poolguy4u
AzB Silver Member
poolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond reputepoolguy4u has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2019, 01:06 PM

I have well over one hundred cues and the cue I play with is a

J&J sneaky pete butt and a shaft I made myself.

Old
  (#11)
ideologist
I don't never exaggerate
ideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond reputeideologist has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2019, 01:28 PM

Sounds like the real cue of your dreams

Make sure you check your references before you buy on this site. Even a mod here engages in bad business!

Old
  (#12)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

05-17-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthinkof01 View Post
Lolololol

My wife created an account on here....lol. I had no idea. It didn't Matter, still doesn't. She was just curious at what held my attention for so long, so often.

Now she knows....

Don't let your bark be bigger than your stroke.

If I had plenty of money, I would probably lose more often.

Old
  (#13)
slide13
AzB Silver Member
slide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond reputeslide13 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

05-17-2019, 01:46 PM

I have mine I think. I haven't looked at new cues since I got it. It's funny because I kinda sorta stumbled into the exact cue.

I ordered a custom Runde back in 2015. Simple 4 point cue, no inlays, stitch rings, linen wrap. Ordered it with double green veneers which I always wanted. Love the cue, still have it, plays amazing. But that's not my lifetime cue....my lifetime cue I found a few years later at the start of 2018. It's also a 2015 Runde with the exact same colors as mine. Same ebony into birdseye, same natural/green/green/natural/black veneers. This one had notched diamond inlays and veneered boxes in the butt sleeve though and a leather wrap. It was like a higher end version of my original Runde. You don't see too many green veneered cues....my theory is when I ordered mine he built two forearms with that veneer setup at the same time and I ended up with one and the second was made into this cue.

And that has become my favorite cue and what I think is my lifetime cue. I will keep both of them as I love them both, but the fancier one is just my ideal concept of a classic cue. I didn't order it like that originally because I didn't want to commit to spending that match at the time. I kind of can't believe my luck in finding it a couple years later and being able to acquire it for a fair price. I really haven't used another cue since I got it. I keep my original Runde in my case as backup.

hi
Old
  (#14)
brilliance
AzB Silver Member
brilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond reputebrilliance has a reputation beyond repute

hi - 05-17-2019, 02:41 PM

I thought I found my lifetime cue at least 20 times... and always find better hitting one

Currently Lambros

Playing cue: Lambros
Jump & Break cue: Poison

Old
  (#15)
PoolBum
Abracadabra!

PoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond reputePoolBum has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1190

05-17-2019, 02:45 PM

I'm on my 17th lifetime cue.

"He knew what those jubilant crowds did not know, but could have learned from books; that the plague bacillus never dies or disappears for good...and that perhaps the day would come when, for the bane and the enlightening of men, it would rouse up its rats again and send them forth to die in a happy city."

Page 1 of 3 1 23

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: