Gold Crown ID

cjr3559

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone advise how to ID the different Gold Crown generations, and do you know what years each was produced? The only ones I know are the I (1961-?) and the V (2007-present).

Thank you!

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Thank you, I was hoping for an answer some time before September...:wink:

It comes with experience. There are many slight nuances. And for example there was a lot of cross breeding of components between the GC-I and GC-11. GC-3 and beyond not so much. GC-I and GC-II are wery similar. Same base, legs and stretcher construction. Look at the stretcher and if it's old high quality plywood it's a I or II.

Look on the underside of the pocket casting there should be a date inscribed into the metal. Early GC-I has cast AL pocket castings. GC-II have zinc Alloy.

Early GC-I has fixed legs where the later GC-I and beyond have adjustable legs.

GC-I has figure 8 plates for the rail bolts. GC-II has nut inserts.

There's other things as well. And remember, it's not an exact science bc if Brunswick had GC-I parts laying around and they were interchangeable with the GC-II they would use them on GC-II orders.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Regarding cross-breeding, there was a thread sometime back where a guy had a GC 4.5, essentially a GC4 with a GC5 frame.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Do not use adjustable feet to identify GC1 from a GC2, the GC1 also had adjustable feet, at least the late models did. Does anyone know if the GC2 was labeled with model# AR6100 or was that reserved for the GC1 only? I know the GC3 and later are not labeled as model# AR6100