My Experience with Mark Wilson.

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
I met with Mark this past weekend, I can tell you everthing about him is TOP notch! His attitude, teaching and outlook on life.

I have had professional instruction from Scott Lee 2 years ago so I had a good idea what to expect from Mark since Scott had recommended him too.

I met Mark at cue and cushion and after our introductions he had me shoot about 10 balls off the table from there he had me shoot a few shots while he video taped them, after the evaluations of the shots at different angles we moved on to some stroke drills and then got into some advanced stuff. He is clear, concise and very easy to understand. I would reccomend him to anyone that wants to improve your game and mental attitude.

After about 8 hours with Mark this is what I got:

1. We identified 3 small areas in my stroke machanics and stance.
a. Moves my left foot 3 inchs for better balance.
b. Bring my cue back the same on all of my strokes.
c. changed my eye patern ( This is the only thing I might change back, I will give it a
chance before I decide weather or not to go back to my previous eye pattern)
2. A good initial assesment.
3. Excellent feed back. ( We discussed a lot different variables I brought up that good
players tend to overlook)
4. Pofessionalism
5. A new friend
6. BEST of all a free lunch:thumbup: "FAT kid has got to eat"

I would like to thank Mark Wilson for coming out and doing this even though he was not feeling well, and providing great instuction.

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Good is an understatement.

Great review, Mark is certainly one of the good guys.

There were many things that he said did in our session that just screamed out GREATNESS. He gave me many compliments on my stroke, on how well I scored in my initial assesment, my aproach to the table and how I have worked very hard on my stroke mechanics (Thanks Scott Lee for the tools to get me there).

My experience with him had such a positive effect that I went out the next day and took 3rd place in a tournament full of great players, I lost to Sky Woodward for the hill because I got sloppy from being tired. After the event I had some of my friends come and congratulate me and my friend told me I looked very comfortable at the table and my stroke was super what happend? I told him I have been working on some things:D
What really happened was I bought Marks book read the first 10 chapters then followed it up with some one on one to confirm what I was doing and get an assesment so I could move on to the next level.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jim...Don't forget to mention the tournament you won yesterday too! You're playing great, and it's a great personal satisfaction that I could help you a little, in achieving your goals. Make no mistake, though, it's your dedication to improving that counts the most! It was great to talk to you today. Best wishes for the best year in your pool career yet to come! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

There were many things that he said did in our session that just screamed out GREATNESS. He gave me many compliments on my stroke, on how well I scored in my initial assesment, my aproach to the table and how I have worked very hard on my stroke mechanics (Thanks Scott Lee for the tools to get me there).

My experience with him had such a positive effect that I went out the next day and took 3rd place in a tournament full of great players, I lost to Sky Woodward for the hill because I got sloppy from being tired. After the event I had some of my friends come and congratulate me and my friend told me I looked very comfortable at the table and my stroke was super what happend? I told him I have been working on some things:D
What really happened was I bought Marks book read the first 10 chapters then followed it up with some one on one to confirm what I was doing and get an assesment so I could move on to the next level.

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Silver Member
I see you're in Dixon, MO....thats just a stones throw from here. What did this instructional cost (if you don't mind my asking)? I'm sure he didnt do it for free.

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
Thanks Scott

Jim...Don't forget to mention the tournament you won yesterday too! You're playing great, and it's a great personal satisfaction that I could help you a little, in achieving your goals. Make no mistake, though, it's your dedication to improving that counts the most! It was great to talk to you today. Best wishes for the best year in your pool career yet to come! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Thanks Scott,

I lost my hill match last night, I played a little loose and sloppy, along with some bad roles is a recipe for disaster against a good player. It was fun though:grin: I won my next match and then the guy asked to split so I was happy too so I could make it home and spend the rest of the evening with my wife:wink:

The things that I have learned from you and Mark has enable me to simplify my game! I have put about 10-12 hrs in stroke drills and being able to hit that 1mm spot on the cue ball is key. I cant wait to see where I am at next year at this time, maybe I will hit my next milestone.

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
I play down in Salem.

I see you're in Dixon, MO....thats just a stones throw from here. What did this instructional cost (if you don't mind my asking)? I'm sure he didnt do it for free.

Mark Chages $300.00 for a 1 day lesson. He has a book as well and I believe if you take a lesson and buy the book it will assist you in what ever your goal is. I purchased the book applied some of his techniques and then I scheduled a lesson, I think this enhanced the lesson I got from Mark.

I play at the bowling alley on occasion with Bryon Johns, Bryon Westerman, Stroker, Bill Burkman ETC.