mushroom

alexndayton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have been playing a game on the billiard table with some asian friends of mine and they call the game mushroom has 10 little pegs that look like pawns from a chess board and 2 large pegs that look like mushrooms i was wondering if anyone know the actual name of the game id like to look it up?

Dean_H

luv the small modalities
Silver Member
I have never heard of this game mushroom before, but it sounds interesting. Could you please elaborate more on your experience with the game. What is the object of the game? Do players earn points for knocking the mushrooms down? What type of Asians were you playing with?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Were there many different colored balls on the table?

They play 'Korean 9-ball' in the rooms around me. Looks damn tuff. Object is to make billiards in certain ball color combinations. Can't tell if it is a progression of patterns or if different combos result in different point values.:embarrassed2: The pins are not supposed to be knocked down.

There is also an Italian game with pins whrere the object is to knoc k pins down. Crazy to watch, the defense is pretty hard to predict (for a pool player!).

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
They have a similar game here in Japan called "pin taoshi" you get points for hitting pins on legally scored shots. And of course you gamble.
MULLY

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They have a similar game here in Japan called "pin taoshi" you get points for hitting pins on legally scored shots. And of course you gamble.
MULLY

Of course you gamble! What would the incentive have been to create such a thing?!