Copperfit Gloves for pool?

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, they’re hokum...but the commercials show a golfer using them. Wonder if they are slick enough to allow the cue shaft to smoothly stroke through the bridge hand.

Anyone seen them/have them?

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know a player who’s uses a lined winter glove, it looks kind of goofy but he shots halfway decent so whatever works.

Last edited:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wear one on my shooting hand to help deal with an old injury . i have never worn the other one and using it on my bridge hand never crossed my mind since i wear a predator glove on my bridge hand.

I will say the copped fit glove actually does relieve some of the pain and discomfort i have due to some damaged nerves and tendons in my shooting hand. I also happen to wear a compression sleeve on my shooting arm....which again gives some relief.

Now all i need is a 7 foot cue and some ass weights....shades of earl !

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wear one on my shooting hand to help deal with an old injury . i have never worn the other one and using it on my bridge hand never crossed my mind since i wear a predator glove on my bridge hand.

I will say the copped fit glove actually does relieve some of the pain and discomfort i have due to some damaged nerves and tendons in my shooting hand. I also happen to wear a compression sleeve on my shooting arm....which again gives some relief.

Now all i need is a 7 foot cue and some ass weights....shades of earl !
is it slick enough though that you could?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is it slick enough though that you could?

After reading your post i looked for the other glove and wouodnt you know....i have no idea where its at since i have never worn it lol.

I do shoot offhanded quite capably when the situation warrants it since i absolutely hate bridges. So i thoughti i woukd try it out offhanded . i first used my revo and i felt no drag at all. Realizing revos are already slick i tried my glove with my 314 shaft. I could tell no difference at all.

So i would say it could be used as a billiard glove although i have doubts concerning its longivity as its a fairly thin glove. Then again i could be wrong about that as i have used the one on my right hand almost daily for 3 months at work and at pool and shows no signs of wear except for one finger tip started to unravel but once i snipped the loose string off i had no more issues.

As with anything....some one elses experience may differ.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After reading your post i looked for the other glove and wouodnt you know....i have no idea where its at since i have never worn it lol.

I do shoot offhanded quite capably when the situation warrants it since i absolutely hate bridges. So i thoughti i woukd try it out offhanded . i first used my revo and i felt no drag at all. Realizing revos are already slick i tried my glove with my 314 shaft. I could tell no difference at all.

So i would say it could be used as a billiard glove although i have doubts concerning its longivity as its a fairly thin glove. Then again i could be wrong about that as i have used the one on my right hand almost daily for 3 months at work and at pool and shows no signs of wear except for one finger tip started to unravel but once i snipped the loose string off i had no more issues.

As with anything....some one elses experience may differ.
cool; at $20, it is priced similarly to pool gloves.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried using a glove. It just does not feel right and I think there is a interconnection between your
bridge hand and pool gripping hand. There is a tactile feel that morphs into how you deliver your cue
stroke, how the velocity (speed) of the stroke feels, especially with a closed bridge where your finger loop
can be adjusted for tightness. The tactile feel becomes all the more pronounced with a closed bridge and
it becomes an integral part of learning to “feel” your pool stroke. A pool glove acts like insulation and
after years of feeling smooth maple shafts that are absolutely glass-like free of any nicks, scuffs or dents,
well, using a glove diminished the feel of my pool stroke. I missed the feel of smooth wood shafts in my
fingers and I mainly use a closed bridge. Besides, it’s one less item to replace a couple times a year and
from what I’ve seen, the better quality gloves cost a few bucks and the majority aren’t very attractive either.

Oh yeah, Merry Xmas Everyone........Anyone Get a New Cue For Xmas? If so, you made Santa’s special list.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried using a glove. It just does not feel right and I think there is a interconnection between your
bridge hand and pool gripping hand. There is a tactile feel that morphs into how you deliver your cue
stroke, how the velocity (speed) of the stroke feels, especially with a closed bridge where your finger loop
can be adjusted for tightness. The tactile feel becomes all the more pronounced with a closed bridge and
it becomes an integral part of learning to “feel” your pool stroke. A pool glove acts like insulation and
after years of feeling smooth maple shafts that are absolutely glass-like free of any nicks, scuffs or dents,
well, using a glove diminished the feel of my pool stroke. I missed the feel of smooth wood shafts in my
fingers and I mainly use a closed bridge. Besides, it’s one less item to replace a couple times a year and
from what I’ve seen, the better quality gloves cost a few bucks and the majority aren’t very attractive either.

Oh yeah, Merry Xmas Everyone........Anyone Get a New Cue For Xmas? If so, you made Santa’s special list.

I refused to wear a glove for years for the reasons you stated above. I use a closed bridge and it took me quite a while to get used to wearing a glove.

I haven't played without one in quite a long time, but I've been meaning to play without one for a while just to get the feel back.

I have sweaty hands and playing in a pool hall that is hot and muggy makes me have to break out my powder, which I don't mind, but some people disapprove of powder.

Like you, I like my shafts super smooth with no nicks or dents...that drives me crazy.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I refused to wear a glove for years for the reasons you stated above. I use a closed bridge and it took me quite a while to get used to wearing a glove.

I haven't played without one in quite a long time, but I've been meaning to play without one for a while just to get the feel back.

I have sweaty hands and playing in a pool hall that is hot and muggy makes me have to break out my powder, which I don't mind, but some people disapprove of powder.

Like you, I like my shafts super smooth with no nicks or dents...that drives me crazy.
Me too; gloveless for 20 years but list a tournament on a hot day when my cue got stuck in my bridge hand during my stroke...reallllly hot/humid Atlanta day.

Past 2 years, I only play with a glove. It provides consistency.