what maker/brand do you play the most?

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Right now..Keith Josey. One of his "return to pantograph" cues. 4 razor sharp veneered points. Linen wrap. Original shafts with talisman tips...only one shaft used, so far. Someday I'll have to sit down & figure out how to use the digital camera some friends gave me...but I'm computer illiterate, so probably couldn't figure out how to post the pic once I took it.

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A Players Cue

I know this guy who bought a loaded Samboti that he designed. Its gotta be worth 15k - 25k easily. The guy plays everyday with it and even breaks with it. You can tell it has a lot of miles on it but its still straight as an arrow. His backup cue is a Old Joss West that he also designed (I KIDD YOU NOT) and it's got to be worth 5k easly. Makes me sick!

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
TWOFORPOOL said:
I know this guy who bought a loaded Samboti that he designed. Its gotta be worth 15k - 25k easily. The guy plays everyday with it and even breaks with it. You can tell it has a lot of miles on it but its still straight as an arrow. His backup cue is a Old Joss West that he also designed (I KIDD YOU NOT) and it's got to be worth 5k easly. Makes me sick!

I think that is cool....don't hang 'em on a wall and wait for them to appreciate - PLAY 'EM!!! very cool :cool:

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Willeecue

I wound up buying a custom Willeecue last year as a birthday present for myself.

It is around 19oz in weight and the butt is Bocote wood with about 80 inlays of tourquiouse and makarta in it. It also has silver ring work in it. I have two OB-1 shafts fitted to it with a 12.2mm tip. I have been using snipers, but I am trying out Hercules at the moment. I love this cue so much that I am about to get him to make me a break cue, and then a jump cue as well.

I doubt I will ever go back to production cues. LOL

ioCross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
predator w/ ob-1 :)

the only production cues i'd shoot with aside from predators are maybe vikings or players which imo are the best cues for the money

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
ioCross said:
predator w/ ob-1 :)

the only production cues i'd shoot with aside from predators are maybe vikings or players which imo are the best cues for the money

interesting - like the OB1 better than the predator on a predator. Not sure I've ever seen that one. DO the OB1 folks make a full cue yet (or will they)?

ioCross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i don't think they've made a full cue yet. they're making enough money from selling shafts :)

i heard someone at a pro-shop say that they've got like 50% of the predator market already for 2ndary shafts.

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
My fav

trustyrusty said:
What cue gets the most play? Simple question - one cue answer please (description would be great too).

This is my favorite player, right now. It's a 16 oz. Crown Cue... Zebrawood with Holly. 13mm Karomi tip on a 12 inch pro taper.

MyCrownZ1336.jpg

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Jack Madden said:
A Madden custom.:D :D Curly maple forearm, black leather wrap, curly maple butt.:D :D :)

funny, I figured you probably played another maker's cue :D What'd you hafta pay for that Madden custom BTW??? :p

spoonie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Capone since 2003
Pat Diveny (butterfly) got last month
Dan Dishaw when president Bushwhacker sents that check.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
spoonie said:
Mike Capone since 2003
Pat Diveny (butterfly) got last month
Dan Dishaw when president Bushwhacker sents that check.

What do you think of that Diveney so far? I tried one recently and REALLY liked it...I'm thinking I may need to get one myself....

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
I like the McDermott's too

this is mine http://www.mcdermottcue.com/1206.asp

when it comes to players I like the feel and feedback of this cue.

I don't believe its all in the model, or the design. its like playing the lottery every once in a while you just get good wood. and I got good wood.

gobrian77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got that same McDermott Phoenix Cue- I don't use it much as the wife likes it and considers it hers.;)

I like to switch cues around, but I generally play with my Mike Stacey or Schon- my Dominiak gets a fair amount of play as well.

I've got a gorgeous Gilbert, but it's not coming out of its case until my game improves a bit- I want to earn it.:cool:

My regular playing cue is a Tucker. It has a beautiful hit, and is beautiful to look at. Two shafts, ivory ferrules, leather wrap, 16 points, veneers, 8 abalone diamonds, wood piloted titanium radial joint.

Fats

Attachments

• mytucker.jpg
    mytucker.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TWOFORPOOL said:

i smash the balls with a 40 year old bushka, i awalys break with my playing cue...well ok 95% of the time,

i play with a Barry Szam most of the time when i'm in action but hit bals with all my cues, the best hitting cue for me is one of my Bushkas, second is a Barry szam and its a close race, i wont travel unless i'm driving with the bushka so since I have been travelling I stick with the barry, its impossible to play at your top gear switching cues, so when i'm just messing around then i hit balls with them all, Szams are my favorite with propellors or propellors man i suck at spelling and pool this past week jay put a beating on me...ouch I played 4 guys this week and got driled by 3 the one guy i beat is a c player or maybe a C- player but i did beat him good and solid, sorry for rambling i'n just sleepy, good night to all, long day. on here for me