San Francisco Bay Area 14.1 leagues

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There are four rooms in the Bay Area that have 14.1 leagues: Broken Rack, Shoreline, Lucky Shot and Crown.

The Broken Rack in Emeryville just finished a scratch round-robin league with matches to 150 points. The room added money and the greens fees were only $5/match. I got my money's worth with two matches that ran over three hours. They are planning to do another and are considering other formats. One consideration is how to get beginners involved.

Shoreline in Mountain View just started a new season last week. It is a handicapped drop-in league, so anyone who shows up each Tuesday will get a match. The cost is $10/match, half of which goes to the prize fund. There is a playoff at the end of the season (which is about 12 weeks?). Play starts around 6PM and if you finish quickly you can fit in a second match if someone else wants to play. There is a play-off of the top players in points standing (mostly based on wins) at the end of the season to determine the payouts. There is also a high run prize based on your "high run goal" which is set by your rating. The ratings are adjusted automatically after each weeks matches.

Lucky Shot in Sunnyvale and Crown Billiards in San Ramon have systems similar to the one at Shoreline. Lucky Shot starts play at about 6PM on Tuesdays while Crown starts about noon or so on Saturday. The last time I paid some table time at Crown, Saturday was nearly free. The Lucky Shot league has a website: https://sites.google.com/site/aspa141/

Please post if you know of any other rooms in the area with 14.1 action.