Predator Sneaky

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had a cue made with a Predator butt (green veneer version) for about 5 years. It is unmarked, but that isn't too hard to accomplish. My question is: Did Predator make any sneakies back then with a 3/8X10 pin, or were they all uniloc? The shaft I got with it does not match the cue. My guess is the guy I traded to get it kept the true predator shaft and gave me something he had hanging around at his house. Have virtually nothing into it, just curious how I might want to market it if I decide to sell the butt only. Shaft that I got with it has bad roll out. Thanks.

hotrod622

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had a cue made with a Predator butt (green veneer version) for about 5 years. It is unmarked, but that isn't too hard to accomplish. My question is: Did Predator make any sneakies back then with a 3/8X10 pin, or were they all uniloc? The shaft I got with it does not match the cue. My guess is the guy I traded to get it kept the true predator shaft and gave me something he had hanging around at his house. Have virtually nothing into it, just curious how I might want to market it if I decide to sell the butt only. Shaft that I got with it has bad roll out. Thanks.

Threads on the green veneered sneaky should be 5/16 x 14...unilocks were standard on the red veneers sneakys

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
The old green veneer cues had a flat face 5/16x14 pin, then they went to uniloc. Unless it has been refinished it is not a Predator from the factory, and unless someone requested the 3/8x10 pin, which is highly doubtful, its a "second" and someone has just converted it. I have had lots of them over the years and there are a few AZ members that sell the converted butts. Even well known cue makers use them. If its not marked Predator you can expect a sizeable difference in value if you decide to sell just the butt.

Can you post a pic of the butt?