props to Rick Howard

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wanted to take the time to give props to cuemaker Rick Howard. I sent him my old j/b cue once owned by Shannon Daulton for him to make a new shaft and fix the buttcap that broke loose. He offered to give me a great deal on a complete refinish of the cue, to which I initially refused cause I was planning on using it, not storing it as a collectible. I got an email this AM about him refinishing it for me anyways after it was completely fixed, and that he's mailing it out to me on Monday November 3rd 2008. I am gonna wait til I get it and scrape up some extra cash, since having just moved out yeterday, to send him the cash for the refinish anyways. It's only right to pay him for his work, I know this, even though I had denied it. He was VERY nice to me so it's time I return the favor. I can hardly wait to get my cue back in like new shape!! I hope he re-signed it R. Howard 92'!!!!! I'll post pics later of how good it looks when I receive it. Take care, Jeff

gforces1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick is a great guy

Rick is a great guy. He does top notch work and really wants the player to be happy with his cue. He stands behind the work.

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
dukeboy1977 said:
I wanted to take the time to give props to cuemaker Rick Howard. I sent him my old j/b cue once owned by Shannon Daulton for him to make a new shaft and fix the buttcap that broke loose. He offered to give me a great deal on a complete refinish of the cue, to which I initially refused cause I was planning on using it, not storing it as a collectible. I got an email this AM about him refinishing it for me anyways after it was completely fixed, and that he's mailing it out to me on Monday November 3rd 2008. I am gonna wait til I get it and scrape up some extra cash, since having just moved out yeterday, to send him the cash for the refinish anyways. It's only right to pay him for his work, I know this, even though I had denied it. He was VERY nice to me so it's time I return the favor. I can hardly wait to get my cue back in like new shape!! I hope he re-signed it R. Howard 92'!!!!! I'll post pics later of how good it looks when I receive it. Take care, Jeff
So, just curious... how were you going to pay for the shaft and butt repair? Why don't you just send him those funds?

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
Rick is a great guy. I have owned many of his cues and I kick myself for letting them go. His work is top notch and his cues are a steal for the money they sell for. Get 'em while you can.

suckershot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ktown D said:
Rick is a great guy. I have owned many of his cues and I kick myself for letting them go. His work is top notch and his cues are a steal for the money they sell for. Get 'em while you can.

Couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
Rick is a world class cuemaker, an excellent player and a nice guy. He's done work for me a few times. He always stands behind his work also.

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing!

:)

dukeboy1977 said:

BPG24

Banned
Sweet Marissa said:
So, just curious... how were you going to pay for the shaft and butt repair? Why don't you just send him those funds?

Why so negative Marissa?

He never said in that post anywhere that he didn'y pay for the services he requested. Not sure why you are assuming he didn't pay for what he sent it for.

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
right

BPG24 said:
Why so negative Marissa?

He never said in that post anywhere that he didn't pay for the services he requested. Not sure why you are assuming he didn't pay for what he sent it for.

VERY RIGHT BPG24!! She don't like me and that's why she's always so negative towards me. What I ASKED FOR was paid for up front as I enclosed a check with the cue, there was NO problem with my paying for what I asked for. I don't even know why she would ask such a question myself, like she thinks I'm some kind of a lowlife or something just because we have had many disagreements. Whatever, it is what it is and it will never change... I guess I have to deal with it, but thank you for the comment

DoubleA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cycopath said:
Rick is a world class cuemaker, an excellent player and a nice guy. He's done work for me a few times. He always stands behind his work also.
Rick makes one of the best playing cues I have ever hit with.(and I have hit with a LOT):grin-square:

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always heard that Rick Howard builds geat cues. Hope to purchase one someday myself. I have used his break cues and they are great!!

Marissa...I am sorry you have a reading comprehension problem.:eek: In no way did he say he didn't pay for the services he was requesting. He just didn't have the extra funds to pay for a refinish. I'm not flaming so I offer the website below to help you.:sorry:

http://www.bianys.org/learnet/tutorials/reading_comprehension.html

Gary

BPG24 said:
Why so negative Marissa?

He never said in that post anywhere that he didn'y pay for the services he requested. Not sure why you are assuming he didn't pay for what he sent it for.

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
BPG24 said:
Why so negative Marissa?

He didn't say he paid for services rendered, only that he would be paying Rick when he could afford it, thus my question. It wasn't an attack. Apparently, I'm not the only one who got that impression.

*I believe that is supposed to say "poor", not "poo" :)

Attachments

• rep.jpg
    rep.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 298

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
huh?

Latest Reputation Received
Thread Date Posted By Comment
props to Rick Howard 11-02-2008 11:47 PM Sweet Marissa You should put the money towards an education.

Marissa, HOW is it that I'm the one who should put the money towards an education, when it was clearly YOU who can't read and comprehend something? I'm NOT gonna argue cause' of your lack of intelligence, I'd be fighting an unarmed person, I just thought I'd point out what it was you gave me neg. rep for...NO GOOD REASON

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dukeboy1977 said:
Latest Reputation Received
Thread Date Posted By Comment
props to Rick Howard 11-02-2008 11:47 PM Sweet Marissa You should put the money towards an education.

Sounds like something a "good" Christian girl would do, make fun of someone's education or lack of. :rolleyes:

A little hypocritical, don't you think?

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had Rick fix a shaft for my break cue and he did a great job, even offered to ship it the day he finished it so I'd have it earlier than expected. Like seemingly everyone who tries his cues, I've found they hit great.

pooljunkie4ever

Grab Life by the BALL!
Silver Member
If anyone is seeking a great hitting/playing cue, buy one from Howard. I bought mine about 6 months ago and absolutely love it. This is coming from a guy that has play his whole pool life with 2 cues. I am saving up to buy one of his break cues that matches my playing cue. Maybe Santa will be nice to me this year, LOL.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, she gave me negative rep, too. That is a first for me!!!

Why on earth would she give me neg rep when it was for informational purposes only????

Oh, she missed it again. She didn't comprehend my post. Go figure!!!!!

Gary

dukeboy1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
funny

Ky Boy said:
Wow, she gave me negative rep, too. That is a first for me!!!

Why on earth would she give me neg rep when it was for informational purposes only????

Oh, she missed it again. She didn't comprehend my post. Go figure!!!!!

Gary

lmao....Don't sweat it Gary, it comes with the territory here sometimes. There is always gonna be someone who misconstrues (sp?) something said by another and then feels the need to "punish them" for having a point of view different than theirs, or something similar. This has been a long time thing coming from her, plz. don't get offended or irritated by it. I thought your post was hilarious and appropriate to the circumstance. Take care bud, Jeff