Lighting Configuration for 9' table

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Can anyone tell me what the size and number of bulbs that are included in the Diamond Table Light. I would like to construct my own light and need recommendations to size of housing, number of bulbs, type of bulbs, wattage and distance above the table's bed. If anyone has a light configuration they feel is equal to or better please chime in as well.

Thanks

Kevin

Jack Flanagan

P. T. Barnum was right !
Silver Member
Kevin Lindstrom said:
Can anyone tell me what the size and number of bulbs that are included in the Diamond Table Light. I would like to construct my own light and need recommendations to size of housing, number of bulbs, type of bulbs, wattage and distance above the table's bed. If anyone has a light configuration they feel is equal to or better please chime in as well.

Thanks

Kevin

I looked all around but couldn't find my copy of the lighting instruction that comes with the diamond light,,,

go to their website and you can download the instructions and information from their www (sorry, don't have it handy,,,

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Diamond Light does have a diffuser.

My friend & I are just starting to make high quality Pool Table lights. They will be for 7 foot to 9 footers. One light uses four (4) 4 foot H/O lamps & the other uses four (4) 6 foot H/O lamps.

The picture shown is a four footer. The light will be $500, the light for a 9 footer will be $650

Attachments

• oak pool lite 2.jpg
    oak pool lite 2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 193

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
That's an awsome looking light! I can't see the lamps, though. Do they run lengthwise through the 3 sections? How are the lamps spaced? :cool:

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
table light

I agree that is a nice light. I plan to build my own somewhat similar to that. I appreciate the picture and info. I want mine to match my totally refurbished Saunier Wilhem table that is now nearing completion. Thanks again CeeBee

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rayjay said:
That's an awsome looking light! I can't see the lamps, though. Do they run lengthwise through the 3 sections? How are the lamps spaced? :cool:

The light shown is for a Bar Box. There are 6 U-Lamps, equally spaced in the light (3 per section) The lumens value is the same as 5 four foot fluorescents.
see picture

The parabolic grills light up the table very well, while limiting the ambient lighting.

Attachments

• oak pool lite 3.JPG
    oak pool lite 3.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

powderburner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At one time Diamond used 4 8 ft bulbs. Mine is a year old and uses 8 4 ft 40 watt bulbs. The diffuser grate has the small "squares" that are supposed to have parabolic sides and works very well. This was for 9 ft tables.

The table lights used at the last US Open were half the width of the above and I assume half the no. of floruesent bulbs IIRC.