Table heights

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member
I am thinking about putting a pool table in my dining room, then buying a 'dining top' to put on top of the pool table for dining events.

My question is: What is the standard height of a pool table? What is the standard height of a dining table? Will it/does it feel uncomfortable to eat at a table that is the combined height of a pool table with a dining table top? Does anyone have this configuration? Thoughts or comments on their practability?

Thanks in advance.

mechanic/player

Silver Member
the average slate height is 30 in.+_ 1/2 in. i hav my pool table and my dining table in the same room and looking at them the pool table looks to be an inch or so higher.the dining table conversion kit your looking at,does it sit on the slate or does it sit on the rails?the rails are close to 2 1/2 in higher than the slate,then add the thickness of the conversion top to that.

Troy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Per BCA-Pool.com rules, the table height is 29 1/4" minimum to 31" maximum.
My dining room table is 30" high.
That tells me a pool table cover to make a dining room table would be more than 3" higher than a regular dining room table.
Guess you'd need to get tall chairs... :)

Troy
8Ball48043 said:
I am thinking about putting a pool table in my dining room, then buying a 'dining top' to put on top of the pool table for dining events.

My question is: What is the standard height of a pool table? What is the standard height of a dining table? Will it/does it feel uncomfortable to eat at a table that is the combined height of a pool table with a dining table top? Does anyone have this configuration? Thoughts or comments on their practability?

Thanks in advance.