new york

almer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
going to new york on oct 9,never been there,want to go to football game oct 11,where is best place to get tickets,i know only stubhub,havent got room yet,where is best place to stay for football,horse races,some tourist stuff,pool halls etc,any ideas appreciated thanks

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Never been to NYC...but are you sure about a football game? Think I'd take Yankees tickets, if I could get them.

bobroberts

Pool player
Silver Member
N.y.

The giants and jets both play in the meadowlands,which is in N.J.For a giant game you will have to pay a premium for seats because they are always sold out.You can go through a ticket agent.I'm not sure if their is seating for the jets either but again a ticket agent is the way to go.If money is no problem I would stay at the Plaza on 66th and cantral park South.Great hotel and convenient to everywhere.For a pool hall there is Amsterdam billiards plus many others.your best bet is to go through a travel agent and have them set up an intinary.If you are trying to go on the cheap.Good Luck.
Have a good time.see a Broadway show.You can get Tiks at 46th and broadway at the tiks booth.2 for 1
And in any big city be carefull.I hope this helps.

RShellhouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
going to new york on oct 9,never been there,want to go to football game oct 11,where is best place to get tickets,i know only stubhub,havent got room yet,where is best place to stay for football,horse races,some tourist stuff,pool halls etc,any ideas appreciated thanks

Ok...as a Jersey resident who is always taking visitors etc into the city to "sightsee" I will give you my secret.

The Circle Line Tour....

"The New York Circle Line 3-Hour Cruise is a relaxed and refreshing cruise as you discover the secrets of New York City. You'll circumnavigate Manhattan Island and see it all. View 3 rivers, 7 major bridges, 5 boroughs, over 25 world renowned landmarks and, of course, a magnificent close-up of the Statue of Liberty.

Beverages, food, and souvenirs are available onboard. Frequent departures daily in the peak season from Pier 83 at 42nd Street on the Hudson River.

Its easy...fun...great and best of all...ALCOHOL served on board!

I would suggest a light windbreaker and a zoom lens.

Rick

almer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok...as a Jersey resident who is always taking visitors etc into the city to "sightsee" I will give you my secret.

The Circle Line Tour....

"The New York Circle Line 3-Hour Cruise is a relaxed and refreshing cruise as you discover the secrets of New York City. You'll circumnavigate Manhattan Island and see it all. View 3 rivers, 7 major bridges, 5 boroughs, over 25 world renowned landmarks and, of course, a magnificent close-up of the Statue of Liberty.

Beverages, food, and souvenirs are available onboard. Frequent departures daily in the peak season from Pier 83 at 42nd Street on the Hudson River.

Rick
Thanks for all pms and replies,we have a timeshare and at first they said we couldnt get in,now they changed there mind,its called the Manhatten Club downtown,is anyone familiar with it,i found a source for tickets thanks to a fellow AZ member,i think tours of the city are always a good way to start out

almer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The Circle Line Tour....

Rick
How many horse racing tracks in New York and how hard are they to get to