Toronto - Location needed for pool movie

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
I'm in need of renting a large space in Toronto for my next pool movie (no date set). I'm wondering if anyone knows of any pool halls with large private rooms in the area? Or even a warehouse or storage space? I'm thinking pretty big, maybe 40x40 or bigger. Any ideas?

tarcisio

Registered
Just off the top of my head;
On Cue- toronto
Silvertips- Mississauga
Wooden Racks- Mississauga
Shox- toronto (they have a private area in the basement)
Classic Cue- Mississauga
JJQ's- Mississauga
Monte Carlos- Mississauga
Dooly's -woodbridge
Master Billiards- Brampton

All I can think off for now.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
Thanks for the list. I'm a bit skeptical that most of these are 40x40' or bigger, but maybe one or two will be. I also need high ceilings, which sadly tends to cross out almost all options. I'll definitely look into these.

LessThanMike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know it not Toronto... but Raxx in Kingston has high ceilings, is a big pool hall.. they do have a fair size private room as well, not sure how high the ceulings are or anything in the private room tho....

seether

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont know

I'm in need of renting a large space in Toronto for my next pool movie (no date set). I'm wondering if anyone knows of any pool halls with large private rooms in the area? Or even a warehouse or storage space? I'm thinking pretty big, maybe 40x40 or bigger. Any ideas?

I dont know,Go try the Zanzibar on Young street.

seether

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wouldnt all the Titties and Snatch kinda distract the people that are working on the production???

Actually I ment the VIP billiards on young str.I guest that might of slip my minde since thatt i am here in Edmonton criusing the street view made by google.

Mr.psychopath

Twichy
Silver Member
you could try the rack & cue at keele and lawrence. It is a large old pool room located in the basement of a stripmall, so the 40x40 should not be a problem but the ceilings (maybe 12 feet high) might be.

JD_Hogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try Hardball Cafe in Milton.....one side is a pool hall and the other side is a night club, and both sides are bigger than 40by40 and the ceiling is as high as most warehouses.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
Thanks for the suggestion everyone, but the problem with a lot of these is that the referred rooms are mostly actual pool halls. I cant afford to rent the whole place for a week, dismantle all the pool tables and clear them out, and then cover their lost revenue. I'd have to shut them right down, and it just doesn't work that way. It needs to be a private room or something with open space.

Anyway, I think I have if figured out. Thanks again for all the suggestions.