Mika vs SVB in the finals @ The US Open!

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
It would be a mini TAR rematch! The epic story of SVB coming all the way back on the 1 loss side, after losing his first match. Mika cleaning up on the winners side, only to match up with his nemisis SVB. Could he be the only one to stop Mika from a 3 peat?

This time SVB's 10ball break will not be a factor(Shane's 9ball break is too bad either), and its only a little race to 13 (gotta win by two). I know it's still early yet, but this is the best possible match up, or maybe Reyes or Strickland(not sure if it's possible). One thing for sure there will be some great pool in the next two days!

jjr183

Jamie Ruff
Silver Member
Another thing that would make this the most interesting matchup in the finals would be SVB trying to outdo Mika's performance from last year by being the first person to win it after losing in the first round. Mika was the first one to win after losing in the second round last year.

I personally wonder at this point if SVB intentionally lost the first round as a personal challenge to see if he could pull this off. I don't actually believe Shane is capable of being that egotistical, but still...

Note to people who like to pollute posts with made up accusations: I am in no way trying to say that Dechaine could not beat SVB otherwise; that would just be nonsense. I'm just saying SVB is HOT right now and knows it.

LA toolman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
S V B defeated keith Bennett 11-5 and now needs 7 more victoies to reach the finals.
Mika needs 3
I hope it happens and good luck to both players.

jjr183

Jamie Ruff
Silver Member
Shane is still smoking people. 11-5 over Kieth Bennett who if you look was also beating people quite handily. Pat really needs to put the Archer v. SVB match on the TV table. I would take a half day right now and do the PPV just for that match alone. If Alcano comes back and beats Saez then I can see Pat sticking with the Bustamante matchup, but Shane is HOT right now; 66-20 in his last 6 matches!

S.Tat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lets not get overlook things too much, we've got quite the match up with Shane and Johnny on the B side..! That's just as good a B side match as you'll get IMO.

bowman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be a mini TAR rematch! The epic story of SVB coming all the way back on the 1 loss side, after losing his first match. Mika cleaning up on the winners side, only to match up with his nemisis SVB. Could he be the only one to stop Mika from a 3 peat?

This time SVB's 10ball break will not be a factor(Shane's 9ball break is too bad either), and its only a little race to 13 (gotta win by two). I know it's still early yet, but this is the best possible match up, or maybe Reyes or Strickland(not sure if it's possible). One thing for sure there will be some great pool in the next two days!
,,,SVB,,as had the easiest of draws from the loosers side as usuall,,,,,,

bowman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another thing that would make this the most interesting matchup in the finals would be SVB trying to outdo Mika's performance from last year by being the first person to win it after losing in the first round. Mika was the first one to win after losing in the second round last year.

I personally wonder at this point if SVB intentionally lost the first round as a personal challenge to see if he could pull this off. I don't actually believe Shane is capable of being that egotistical, but still...

Note to people who like to pollute posts with made up accusations: I am in no way trying to say that Dechaine could not beat SVB otherwise; that would just be nonsense. I'm just saying SVB is HOT right now and knows it.

,,I personally wonder at this point if SVB intentionally..Talk some trash some ppl...

jjr183

Jamie Ruff
Silver Member
I Hope archer gets through....

Even though I may sound biased towards Shane, Johnny has and will always be my favorite player. If I were a betting man I would have laid my money on him coming in and I still think he has a more than even chance to win the title; even if he will have to go through SVB to do it. Even though Shane is destroying people, and good ones at that, sometimes the train just stops rollin'.

I predict that whoever wins this match wins out. Please put this on the TV table...

jjr183

Jamie Ruff
Silver Member
Crap

Apparently they put Gabe and Johnny into the bracket upside down. Now Johnny and Shane need to win to get that match I wanted to see, which means it still might make it to the TV table!!!

supercue

supercue
Silver Member
Intentionaly

Hey Bowman ,Are you completely NUTS,Throw a match in the US Open.I'll guarantee ,Shane is my grandson.He always plays to win and always gives his best. Get to know Shane and you will say he's "TOP SHELF" also. Grand pa Gary
Sorry I meant this for jjr183

Last edited:

jjr183

Jamie Ruff
Silver Member
Hey Bowman ,Are you completely NUTS,Throw a match in the US Open.I'll guarantee ,Shane is my grandson.He always plays to win and always gives his best. Get to know Shane and you will say he's "TOP SHELF" also. Grand pa Gary

Actually, it was I who brought this idea up first. I really didn't mean for anyone to take me seriously and even said I wasn't as part of the post, but I have to hope that his mindset right now is something like this:

1. Mika lost in the second round and still won it last year.
  2. I just torched Mika in a TAR match.
  3. I can win one more round than he did.
  4. This is a rare opportunity at greatness!!!
  5. Go me.

supercue

supercue
Silver Member
No offence

I'm sorry ,don't want to offend anyone but
some remarks seem to bring out the grand pa in me. Im sure you will understand, Thanks Gary B

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
some remarks seem to bring out the grand pa in me. Im sure you will understand, Thanks Gary B

Hi Supercue,

You should ask Shane to start posting on AZBilliards again. I know he used to come on here from time to time. It would be awesome if he would come back and post once in a while. :)

Thanks!

jjr183

Jamie Ruff
Silver Member

Assuming this is for me, I obviously offended you first, so in my opinion you have nothing to apologize for and I apologize for getting your dander up in the first place. If SVB was even remotely related to me I would take a lot of pride in that and defend any bad things anyone had to say about him just as you did.

If you would have heard me say this in person you would have immediately known I only meant it in good humor, but a forum is a bad place to speak in ways that require those audible clues everyone uses in person. I just can't help myself sometimes.:wink:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
[...] those audible clues everyone uses in person. I just can't help myself sometimes.:wink:

I wish my Dad (and my Grandad, before he passed years back) would've said this more often after he asked me to "pull his finger," rather than looking for that pink elephant that ran under his chair...

:p

-Sean