Mosconi Cup 2013

FaithHopeLove

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking who are the team players from each side.

USA : Johnny Archer is confirm in with buddy hall.

Europe : There's only news of Ralf Souquet.

Guys, what should the team be make up of?

I suppose that there is

Another German who has made a strong case for inclusion based on his play over the last 30 days, eh?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

They are making the announcements one player at a time.

But Van Boening and Morris have already been announced for the USA.

Ruijsink has been announced as the Captain for Europe.

chilli dipper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought I seen daz say him,ralf,mika,niels are in and it doesn't really matter who the 5th is... I think it safe to say europe will retain the title.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to second the Euro win, for some reason the US players don't seem as tight with each other as the overseas guys. They may support each other in this format but it seems forced. Maybe it's too many business plans and organizations dividing them.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
USA -Confirmed
Archer
SVB
Rodney Morris

Europe-Confirmed
Souquet
Appleton

USA-Wild Guesses
Earl
Hatch
Deuel

Europe-Wild Guesses
Thorsten
Mika
Meiling

IMHO, Europe will be heavy favorite :)

Last edited:

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been commented often that the European team spend a lot of time together when touring..

Results alone as individuals - they are going to batter America

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I'd love to see this line up for the USA:
Archer
SVB
Rodney Morris
Corey
Earl

I think in my opinion they would win the match! The Europeans will be tough as nails though so let's hope the right players are picked for the USA.

USA -Confirmed
Archer
SVB
Rodney Morris

Europe-Confirmed
Souquet
Appleton

USA-Wild Guesses
Earl
Hatch
Deuel

Europe-Wild Guesses
Thorsten
Mika
Meiling

IMHO, Europe will be heavy favorite :)

swingit

shipit
Corey & Earl

If Deuel and Strickland get picked for the last 2 spots i think USA has a good chance at bringing home the cup!!!!!!!

9 ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Deuel and Strickland get picked for the last 2 spots i think USA has a good chance at bringing home the cup!!!!!!!

If Strickland's picked the USA has a good chance of winning, are you kidding me! If Earl is picked I can't wait to sit back & watch the USA/Earl implode.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Strickland's picked the USA has a good chance of winning, are you kidding me! If Earl is picked I can't wait to sit back & watch the USA/Earl implode.
If Earl plays it will be awesome entertainment for sure . Whether USA has better chance is a different thing altogether

Did I see a thread here on AZ that said JA approached Buddy Hall about being the non-playing Co Captain?

How relevant is it to have a legend as the captain? IMHO need a great strategist thinker rather than a great player as captain
I see Europe always has that serious professor Jeffrey Katzenberg lookalike as captain. Have never seen or heard of him before but they have been winning under him:)

FaithHopeLove

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it true that Europe has a higher chance of winning since they have Ralf Souquet, Darren Appleton, Neils Feijen and Karl Boyes compared to Archer, Shane, Rodney and Dennis?
I honestly hope that Thorsten Hohmann will be chosen for the last spot.