Friendship: Hunter lombardo/thorsten hohmann

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Would you like to know the definition of friendship? Well, here it is from Facebook and in Hunter's own words, prior to Thorsten's victory:

-----------------------------------------------------

Hunter Lombardo

8 hours ago near As Salatah al Jadidah, Ad Dawhah, Qatar via mobile.

It was 5 years ago we met. I've seen championships won and some slip away. Have been inspired by you and have had fights with you. Found myself one christmas on an island with you and learned what really matters in life and in friendship.You have pushed me to stay strong with the life I chose and always left the door of opportunity's cracked behind you for me to walk through because you believe in me. It was 10 years ago you won your first World Championship and not many know before it,was a make or break situation in your life whether you would keep playing or work a 9-5 like most. Now as I write this I'm a 100 feet away from you watching you in position to win your Second World 9 Ball Championship and it inspires me even more to stay on track! I never thought I could pull for someone so much! But you learn that through true friendship. Thank you Thorsten Hohmann. Proud of you Bro! And yes ladys and gents its 6-6 at the moment and im calling it a 13-9 end.
Just Saying strait from the gut department!
----------------------------------------------------------

It must be pretty cool to have a guy like Hunter in your corner. There must be something to that Lombardo name.

JoeyA

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hunter's also the best pool instructor in the country in my opinion

Would you like to know the definition of friendship? Well, here it is from Facebook and in Hunter's own words, prior to Thorsten's victory:

-----------------------------------------------------

Hunter Lombardo

8 hours ago near As Salatah al Jadidah, Ad Dawhah, Qatar via mobile.

It was 5 years ago we met. I've seen championships won and some slip away. Have been inspired by you and have had fights with you. Found myself one christmas on an island with you and learned what really matters in life and in friendship.You have pushed me to stay strong with the life I chose and always left the door of opportunity's cracked behind you for me to walk through because you believe in me. It was 10 years ago you won your first World Championship and not many know before it,was a make or break situation in your life whether you would keep playing or work a 9-5 like most. Now as I write this I'm a 100 feet away from you watching you in position to win your Second World 9 Ball Championship and it inspires me even more to stay on track! I never thought I could pull for someone so much! But you learn that through true friendship. Thank you Thorsten Hohmann. Proud of you Bro! And yes ladys and gents its 6-6 at the moment and im calling it a 13-9 end.
Just Saying strait from the gut department!
----------------------------------------------------------

It must be pretty cool to have a guy like Hunter in your corner. There must be something to that Lombardo name.

JoeyA

Hunter's a cool guy and we've had a lot of deep discussions about pool's advanced techniques and systems used by the top pros. He talks very highly of Thorsten Hohmann and I'm sure they also share a lot about the game.

Hunter's the best pool instructor in the country in my opinion, so if anyone wants expert training I'd highly recommend his assistance in this area. He's one of the few players I go to when trying to reach a higher level.....there are a couple others, but Hunter understands how the different styles all form one common theme.

Great Post on Face Book, I saw it earlier and also see Hunter's in flight to New York right now and will be working with Jennifer Barretta between now and Turning Stone. I'll be in North Carolina next week, maybe I can drive on up to New York...hmmmm

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Hunter and Thorsten would be my 1-2 picks of who to go to for a lesson. I know Hunter better than Thorsten and I know Hunter may be one of the biggest students of the game I have ever met.... He has always and continues to speak highly of Toastie and I think they are cut from similar cloth..... Hunter's fundamentals may be as good as it gets and if he ever gets his head on the same level as his physical abilities I think he may have as good of a chance as Shane of bringing a WPA title back to the states....

I am proud to call Hunter a friend and his FB post made me smile from one ear to the other.......

Chris