Unusual cue

Lloydc

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently acquired this cue. It belonged to my father-in-law, who passed away several years ago. It has a long shaft, which appears to be fiberglass; the tip is quite small (8-9 mm). The joint is unusual and the butt is fairly short, with no forearm. Some people think it is a snooker cue. What is it, and does it have any monetary value?

Attachments

• IMG_3534.jpg
    IMG_3534.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 974
  • IMG_3535.jpg
    IMG_3535.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 966
  • IMG_3536.jpg
    IMG_3536.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 946

xXGEARXx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Earl Strickland must have given your father-in-law his OTHER cue.....lol...

Certainly looks different...

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.9%
688   1   0
Looks like a old Waldo , Boeing worker in Seattle , I think he passed in the 90's and his son built for awhile , I heard he moved to Alaska , Desent old cue . Several locals still shoot with them . Some had titanium shafts . Jim

mark187

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a photo of a Waldo I found online. Definitely similar, so I think Jim has got this one spot on.

nyqybenu.jpg

Last edited:

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.1%
211   2   0
I dont know, but maybe this will help,

about 4 years ago, I saw a cue for sale on ebay and I like the style, it had a fiberglass, unique yellow/orange fiberglass shaft with a heavy joint and a heavy metal buttcap. It had a wire wrap around the grip area, which I removed and it was grooved like yours is and has very similar woods. He had a name engraved in the butt, but I thought it was the name of the builder. I put the pictures on AZ, I believe the name was 'Alford' or something like that.

I got some feedback from some of the AZ'ers, they thought he was a WWII Machininist, who put those skills to work to make the cue.,

Let me know if you find the picture and if you think it is the same builder, I still have the cue, but I have never shot with it, it weighs like, 25 ounces or close, put the shaft material was unique and this could tie our cues to the same maker.

I don't remember the makers name being different than the 'alford' that was engraved in the butt area.

Keep me informed and I will let u know if I find out anything, more.

Mike 'acedonkeyace' Kennedy

PS. The name on the cue was, ROBERT ALFORD' I think but I will try to confirm. See if anyone else u talk to knows about that name??

Last edited:

Charlie D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I have the same cue, mine is marked Flex-craft inc, , Honesdale Pa , Model "A-48Sp."There is other writing on the fiberglass shaft but cannot decipher it. Charlie d