How do you get a Fargo Rating in any particular game of pool?

Sorry if this is a stupid question (I guess I am just too lazy to do my research on it).

Just curious about the basic qualifications that are required to get a Fargo Rating?

What would the average 9 (in 9 ball APA league) be rated in the Fargo Rating (if you were to guess)?

I see a lot of people on here talking about the Fargo Rating, and just curious what players need to do in order to obtain a Fargo Rating?

Does the average weekly league player have a Fargo Rating, and if hh or she did, then would they know it?

Do many tournaments these days put your handi cap rating based on what your Fargo Rating is?

Sorry if these are silly questions.

Just very curious about this system, and how long it has been around, and how players obtain a rating, and what the numbers mean exactly?

Do these numbers make matching up easier and more fair for 2 players that do not know each other (like maybe they just pull out their Fargo Rating card, and show it to the person they are trying to match up with, who also has a Fargo Rating)? The thought of that scenario is is kind of funny to me, but just curious.

Thanks

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Sorry if this is a stupid question (I guess I am just too lazy to do my research on it).

Just curious about the basic qualifications that are required to get a Fargo Rating?

What would the average 9 (in 9 ball APA league) be rated in the Fargo Rating (if you were to guess)?

I see a lot of people on here talking about the Fargo Rating, and just curious what players need to do in order to obtain a Fargo Rating?

Does the average weekly league player have a Fargo Rating, and if hh or she did, then would they know it?

Do many tournaments these days put your handi cap rating based on what your Fargo Rating is?

Sorry if these are silly questions.

Just very curious about this system, and how long it has been around, and how players obtain a rating, and what the numbers mean exactly?

Do these numbers make matching up easier and more fair for 2 players that do not know each other (like maybe they just pull out their Fargo Rating card, and show it to the person they are trying to match up with, who also has a Fargo Rating)? The thought of that scenario is is kind of funny to me, but just curious.

Thanks

It does predict what the final score should be for 2 players with Fargo ratings.

It also predicts the likelihood of winning in a race.

It does predict what the final score should be for 2 players with Fargo ratings.

It also predicts the likelihood of winning in a race.

Okay, but is it a computer that gives these players the score that they have, or how does that work? How many players out these have Fargo Ratings, and how did they obtain them? Just curious.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Along the same line of thought, watching the live page, if, the player fargo rate was included in the table frame would be cool to follow.
I mean, they, fargo rate, has put the time in, yeah it’s a plug, put to use, with a little bit of coding it could be there tomorrow. I have other thoughts on this page, for now it is what it is.
Debate is over, switching to the ball game and of course a little 9 ball I balling.
that last round had some close matches, had to be tense, some were stuck for awhile.
7 -1 KC

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, as said above, spend about half hour reading through all of fargorate.com and it will answer all the questions you have. They also have 3 or 4 short 5 min videos to explain as well. Its well laid out.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
when will it be available for anyone to look up their FargoRating? I really want to match up with iusedtoberich so I can make him into iamnowpoor

:)

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't find iusedtoberich in the database but if you are from OK you have a robustness of 53

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Found it, on the mobile app. Should be explained without having to dig for it that you need a mobile app to access all the players.

Can't find an app....anyone know if there is an android app?

Last edited:

jmhanson_21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spent an unreasonable amount of time searching for the database - there's no link on their site. I believe I found it through a Facebook search. Either way, I have it bookmarked now. You need to sign up, but it's free. Just go to:
http://fairmatch.fargorate.com

Banks

Banned
I put a few local 9s in and they're generally from the low 500's on up, but with a lower robustness. For the most part, they hover around 600 for a decent 9 with more robustness. After that, it starts moving up to local master levels in the low or mid-600's, stronger ones upper 600's.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think a decent way to estimate your rating (if you're not in the system) is to put in locals who you know how you compete against. Then use that to try to figure out where you are. I searched for all of the local to me players I could think of and saved them in my favorites on the fairmatch site.

All the CSI events are in the system, as well as the US Open, and I think the DCC. Plus the major international events, and I think most of the Eurotour events. Of course, these are all the pro events, so not many local level players go to these.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe the plan is to integrate Fargo ratings with CSI's league software, which would put a lot more amateur league players into the system.