Vintage Pool Table Light
Old
  (#1)
Mr. C
AzB Bronze Member
Mr. C is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Question Vintage Pool Table Light - 07-28-2016, 07:50 AM

I've acquired a Miller Light pool table light and was wonder if anyone knows anything about it ... (i.e. when this style was sold, etc.)

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

Old
  (#2)
Nine ... corner
A student of human moves~
Nine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-28-2016, 07:56 AM

"Even when you're just showing off"

"I'm shootin' pool Fats, when I miss you can shoot."

Old
  (#3)
KC7MRQ
AzB Silver Member

KC7MRQ has a reputation beyond reputeKC7MRQ has a reputation beyond reputeKC7MRQ has a reputation beyond reputeKC7MRQ has a reputation beyond reputeKC7MRQ has a reputation beyond reputeKC7MRQ has a reputation beyond reputeKC7MRQ has a reputation beyond reputeKC7MRQ has a reputation beyond reputeKC7MRQ has a reputation beyond reputeKC7MRQ has a reputation beyond reputeKC7MRQ has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2016, 07:56 AM

Friend who was a beer distributor says he used to give those lights away to local bars back in the 80s.

--... ...--
-.. . -.- -.-. --... -- .-. --.-

Old
  (#4)
Mr. C
AzB Bronze Member

07-28-2016, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine ... corner View Post
"Even when you're just showing off"
Ha! Nice.

Old
  (#5)
Tennesseejoe
AzB Silver Member
Tennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond reputeTennesseejoe has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2016, 08:04 AM

I don't like to post using "probably", but here goes: Probably during the Miller Lite World Series of Pool, 1984, '85....

"Man can neither love nor hate what he does not know." Cicero

Old
  (#6)
Mr. C
AzB Bronze Member

07-28-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC7MRQ View Post
Friend who was a beer distributor says he used to give those lights away to local bars back in the 80s.
Thanks for the info.

Old
  (#7)
Mr. C
AzB Bronze Member

07-28-2016, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseejoe View Post
I don't like to post using "probably", but here goes: Probably during the Miller Lite World Series of Pool, 1984, '85....

That's two sources for 1980s ..

Old
  (#8)
Nine ... corner
A student of human moves~
Nine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond reputeNine ... corner has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-28-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. C View Post
Ha! Nice.
I didn't know the age group reading this thread and thought my quoting the famous line from the Miz in the commercial might go over the younger heads. I have his autograph on the cover of the Inside Pool magazine which featured the commercial with The Miz on the cover. It is framed and on the wall of my game room. RIP Steve.

"I'm shootin' pool Fats, when I miss you can shoot."

Old
  (#9)
Mr. C
AzB Bronze Member

07-28-2016, 11:57 AM

The commercial was from before my time (child of the early 80s), but I have seen it before. Very smooth reference.

Old
  (#10)
bdorman
Dead money
bdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond reputebdorman has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2016, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I didn't know the age group reading this thread and thought my quoting the famous line from the Miz in the commercial might go over the younger heads. I have his autograph on the cover of the Inside Pool magazine which featured the commercial with The Miz on the cover. It is framed and on the wall of my game room. RIP Steve.
Here it is:

https://youtu.be/3tYL2Btxmjg

The more I practice, the luckier I get. --- Gary Player

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. --- Abraham Lincoln

Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers. --- Voltaire

Old
  (#11)
GideonF
AzB Silver Member
GideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond reputeGideonF has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdorman View Post
After the "Just showing off" video, YouTube played a bunch of other Miller Lite videos. I did not know that The Miz was in the other commercials.

Regards,

Gideon

“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.” Hugh Keough.

Old
  (#12)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

07-28-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
The Miz told me that the Miller commercial set a record for number of takes in a commercial at that time.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: