Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Are Paul Sumrall cues in high demand?
Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Are Paul Sumrall cues in high demand?
Old
  (#1)
justinb386
Banned
justinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Are Paul Sumrall cues in high demand? - 10-16-2017, 04:17 PM

I hope this is not a bad question to ask.

Are his cues in the same league as Diveney for example?

I am looking a a really nice Sumrall cue, but I can't find any values of his cues on the 2nd hand market .

I understand that I will not know if I will like a cue until I have tried one out.

I just do not want to get stuck with a cue if for some reason I do not like it, and then have to take a loss in order to resell it.

You may send me a pm if you want to.

I just do not know how his cues compare (when it comes to demand on the 2nd hand market) to other cues out there .

When it comes to needing to resell a cue on the 2nd hand market, would I be much better off with a high in demand cue like a Schon for example ?

Thanks for any honest opinions about this, and you may pm me if you think your reply should not be public.

Last edited by justinb386; 10-16-2017 at 04:39 PM.

Old
  (#2)
billiardthought
Anti-intellectualism
billiardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond reputebilliardthought has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2017, 06:21 PM

Stop the bleeding

The beatings will continue until volunteering improves

Old
  (#3)
gutshot
AzB Silver Member
gutshot has a reputation beyond reputegutshot has a reputation beyond reputegutshot has a reputation beyond reputegutshot has a reputation beyond reputegutshot has a reputation beyond reputegutshot has a reputation beyond reputegutshot has a reputation beyond reputegutshot has a reputation beyond reputegutshot has a reputation beyond reputegutshot has a reputation beyond reputegutshot has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-16-2017, 06:31 PM

You don't really see many of his cues around. If you search AZ there are several threads about his cues. As far resale, you are better off finding one of his cue that fits your eye and get it as cheap as you can b/c other than a select few top tier makers, you'll likely lose money on it.

Old
  (#4)
cueaddicts
AzB Gold Member
cueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond reputecueaddicts has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 12000

10-16-2017, 06:31 PM

Maybe you should take a 5 year break, learn something about cues, and then come back here....just a thought

cueaddicts.weebly.com

"Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course, the space between your ears."
—Robert T. Jones.........(The same can also be said for pocket billiards.)

" A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master, and deserves one."
—Alexander Hamilton

Old
  (#5)
justinb386
Banned
justinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond reputejustinb386 has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueaddicts View Post
Maybe you should take a 5 year break, learn something about cues, and then come back here....just a thought
Learn enough about cues, so that I am not the one who is always asking the questions, and maybe then I might know enough to help others with their questions?

But if everyone knew everything (about cues, in this case), and had no questions, then there would be no need for the forum. They could just log into facebook, and post their thoughts on there.

Old
  (#6)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

10-16-2017, 07:06 PM

http://forums.azbilliards.com/threadloom.php?do=process

There ya go since you're too lazy to hit the search.

Old
  (#7)
justinb386
Banned

10-16-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
You don't really see many of his cues around. If you search AZ there are several threads about his cues. As far resale, you are better off finding one of his cue that fits your eye and get it as cheap as you can b/c other than a select few top tier makers, you'll likely lose money on it.
Thanks for your reply. I understand. I just wish I knew the prices that some of his cues sold for in the past. Sellers always delete their asking prices after a cue sells. I always liked that on ebay, I could search to see how much a certain cue sold for in the past (like a Meucci Gambler for example), to get an idea of its value. With some cues, I really have no idea, and it is hard to look up values.

Old
  (#8)
Johnnybgood
Banned
Johnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2017, 07:13 PM

Wow! You guys are ruthless! Seemed a pretty simple question.

Justin, I have never heard of his cues personally. Wish I had more information for you.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Old
  (#9)
justinb386
Banned

10-16-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
http://forums.azbilliards.com/threadloom.php?do=process

There ya go since you're too lazy to hit the search.
Lol, thanks. I wish I would have thought of that. I never knew that this forum had a search function. Stupid me.

Old
  (#10)
justinb386
Banned

10-16-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnybgood View Post
Wow! You guys are ruthless! Seemed a pretty simple question.

Justin, I have never heard of his cues personally. Wish I had more information for you.

Thanks. Maybe I (subconsciously) just like to annoy them with stupid question.

Old
  (#11)
Johnnybgood
Banned
Johnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnybgood has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2017, 07:23 PM

It would be easier for them not to respond at all if they find it annoying so they must get some kind of pleasure from it.

Old
  (#12)
FuManchu
Don't trash the stache
FuManchu has a reputation beyond reputeFuManchu has a reputation beyond reputeFuManchu has a reputation beyond reputeFuManchu has a reputation beyond reputeFuManchu has a reputation beyond reputeFuManchu has a reputation beyond reputeFuManchu has a reputation beyond reputeFuManchu has a reputation beyond reputeFuManchu has a reputation beyond reputeFuManchu has a reputation beyond reputeFuManchu has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2017, 07:34 PM

http://bfy.tw/EVk5

Player-Diveney
Break Cue-Hillbilly Thunder
Jump Cue-OB Lift
Case-JB Rugged

Old
  (#13)
justinb386
Banned

10-16-2017, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnybgood View Post
It would be easier for them not to respond at all if they find it annoying so they must get some kind of pleasure from it.

Lol, yeah, forums are where vicious people like to hang out though. If they see a thread where they can reply with some sort of nasty, or smart ass remark, then they are going to reply with what ever thoughts they have on that thread. That is just the way most forums are. Thanks for the nice replies though.

Old
  (#14)
gogg
AzB Silver Member
gogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond reputegogg has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2017, 07:44 PM

Great cues.... I have never seen one on the second hand market.
I bought an ebony into maple sneaky, & I wouldn't part with it.
He is a pretty cool guy as well ( just so ya know)
Not really an answer as far as "flipping " goes, but a chance to give a plug for a cuemaker who is a stand-up guy...��

Even a bad day at the table is better than a good day at work!

“A man, as a general rule,owes very little to what he is born with.
A man is what he makes of himself.”
Alexander Graham Bell

Last edited by gogg; 10-16-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Old
  (#15)
justinb386
Banned

10-16-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuManchu View Post
Lol, how did you do that?

Page 1 of 4 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: