Mosconi Cup 06 Predictions

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
America all the way. Not just because I live here, but because I just don't think the European team is as strong as the US team.

I realize that there are already 2 Germans on the Euro team, but where is Thorsten? How about Appleton? He had a great US Open. Daryl Peach?

Mike

MyraCurfs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have to agree that the choices in names are a little strange. But i still think the Europeans are going to get it this time with Nick being the number one in europe at the moment...:D

Dazza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The European has 5 new faces from last years team!!!

That amount of change could be what the Europeans need to win back the Mosconi Cup!?

MyraCurfs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeperdieyep..... Allthough an all Gb team would have done great aswell: Davis, Peach, Appelton, Gray, Boyes.... I would think the Gb team would have the best chance at this moment...

Last edited:

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
i would have chosen maybe another team for europe, but its still a strong team.

i think europe will JUST lose it again, but closing the gap that has been for the last years. im sure that in 5years time, europe will be winning most of the Mosconi cups.

mmm wait. its played in rotterdam !!!!!!! thats a hole different thing.
my money is on europe !!!!! :D

after seeing the results if the americans in the wpc, i think europe has a good chance to get the trophy to europe.

anyone going to see it? im going to try and see some matches

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:
America all the way. Not just because I live here, but because I just don't think the European team is as strong as the US team.

I realize that there are already 2 Germans on the Euro team, but where is Thorsten? How about Appleton? He had a great US Open. Daryl Peach?

Mike

This was my first question when I saw the line up as well, where is Thorsten?

Had been on the roster I think I'd lean towards Europe. Right now I think it's a toss up.

pharaoh68

Banned
Team Europe

Mika Immonen (Finland)

Ralf Souquet (Germany)

Thomas Engert (Germany)

Nick van den Berg (Holland)

Imran Majid (England)

David Alcaide (Spain)

------------------------------
Now, if I were the captain of team Europe, I wouldn't even show up without Thorsten. But here would be my 6 picks.

Thorsten, Ralph Souquet, Thomas Engert, Marcus Chamat, Mika Immonen, and the last spot would be a toss up between Raj Hundal and Oliver Ortmann. Oliver is a seasoned vet who hasn't really proved himself in recent years as much as Hundal has, but then again, I don't like Hundal so I would pass on him.

Dazza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was very disapointed to see Hohmann not make the team. However, in the defence of the selecters, Europe has had near enough the same players in the last few years and lost each Mosconi, maybe this new look side will provide new results. For instance, Rodney Morris losing a singles match etc, and could be what Europe need to win the trophy.

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MyraCurfs said:
yeperdieyep..... Allthough an all Gb team would have done great aswell: Davis, Peach, Appelton, Gray, Boyes.... I would think the Gb team would have the best chance at this moment...

LOL are you kidding me? They would get drilled!!!! In 9ball, Great Britain players don't hold a candle to the Germans.

jediphil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cuetechasaurus said:
LOL are you kidding me? They would get drilled!!!! In 9ball, Great Britain players don't hold a candle to the Germans.
ill take that bet

germany have a strong side for 4 places GB have a great side for all six players

i mentioned this in another thread but europes players will fall down on doubles matches we have no conversation between players

Dazza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It will be interesting to see who does better in the TEAM matches of the Mosconi. Is this going to be one shot per player rotation, or what? :eek:

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
USA - all the way

USA has the edge in 9 ball. Engert, Van de Berg, and Majid I would not consider Elite 9 ballers.

I see something like 11-8 for the USA.

Dazza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snapshot9 said:
USA has the edge in 9 ball. Engert, Van de Berg, and Majid I would not consider Elite 9 ballers.

I see something like 11-8 for the USA.

Its a race to 13 this time mate. However USA need only 12 because if it ends a draw (which it can this year) then the holders (in this case USA) Keep the Mosconi Cup. :(

pharaoh68

Banned
cuetechasaurus said:

I hate to bust people's bubbles but cuetechasaurus is right. This All-Great Britain team would get hammered. They may be solid shooters but they don't hold a candle to some of the Mosconi Cup usuals from Europe like Chamat, Immonen, Souquet, and even the passed over Hohmann.

MyraCurfs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pharaoh68 said:
I hate to bust people's bubbles but cuetechasaurus is right. This All-Great Britain team would get hammered. They may be solid shooters but they don't hold a candle to some of the Mosconi Cup usuals from Europe like Chamat, Immonen, Souquet, and even the passed over Hohmann.

I disagree... It's is not all about the ability to play. I think in 9-ball anyone who makes it in say; the last 16 of a Eurotour or de last 16 of a US open would look great in the Mosconicup. I think the difference is the mentality in teamspirit! You see europe is just a name, it does not excist. They put 6 people together and they call it Europe. It just doesn't work that way. So if you look upon it.. a GB team.. Dutch team.. German team would always do better then a mixed team.. But the fact that they put Earl in gives us an advantage.... everybody in europe wants him to lose.. so that's gives us some "brotherhood". You know when they choose Alcaide... it wasn't the smartest move.. because the guy isn't able to speak more english then yes, no and thank you, you can not build teamspirit on that! Ok he has a great poolheart and he does not have to speak... but it's hard to fit in...

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
MyraCurfs said:
I disagree... It's is not all about the ability to play. I think in 9-ball anyone who makes it in say; the last 16 of a Eurotour or de last 16 of a US open would look great in the Mosconicup. I think the difference is the mentality in teamspirit! You see europe is just a name, it does not excist. They put 6 people together and they call it Europe. It just doesn't work that way. So if you look upon it.. a GB team.. Dutch team.. German team would always do better then a mixed team.. But the fact that they put Earl in gives us an advantage.... everybody in europe wants him to lose.. so that's gives us some "brotherhood". You know when they choose Alcaide... it wasn't the smartest move.. because the guy isn't able to speak more english then yes, no and thank you, you can not build teamspirit on that! Ok he has a great poolheart and he does not have to speak... but it's hard to fit in...

i can agree with most of the things u said. europe is just a name. im not sure if they have any training at all together. if u play doubles etc u really need good communication etc. in the usa team, well they all speak english :D but in europe thats totally different. i just hope they have some group practices.

i think that a full german team would be the strongest. these guys just seem to have an endless amount of topplayers.