Europeans not paid 11%?

T

Timberly

This is 2nd hand info and I was just wondering if one of the Europeans could confirm or deny? A friend said that one of the European players told them that they were not paid the 11% that the others got last week. Are there still players waiting for their first installment of 11%?

Thanks

T

Timberly

Colin Colenso said:
Well I received mine in China several days ago.

Colin
I haven't heard about anyone in Asia not getting their 11%.... only a particular European. ;)

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
I Fell For It !!

Timberly said:
I haven't heard about anyone in Asia not getting their 11%.... only a particular European. ;)

So, you've only heard of ONE European that didn't receive their check and you titled the thread " EUROPEANS NOT PAID 11% " ?
That's a 'little' misleading..... imo
Doug
( but it got MY attention :)

T

Timberly

Smorgass Bored said:
So, you've only heard of ONE European that didn't receive their check and you titled the thread " EUROPEANS NOT PAID 11% " ?
That's a 'little' misleading..... imo
Doug
( but it got MY attention :)
Hence the reason for the question mark. It was a question... I heard of one and wondered if there were others. If it had not been in the format of a question, then I could see how it might've been misleading. :rolleyes:

memikey

Never Has Been
Silver Member
Timberley,perhaps there are still European players who have not yet finalised their US tax status and in respect of whom IPT are therefore still holding both their Las Vegas and Reno payments at the players' requests?

Randy has specifically suggested in another forum that there may be still a few players who have not as yet have received their Las Vegas payments as a direct result of such circumstances.If this is indeed the case it would be logical to assume that the same players are also unlikely to have received their 11% Reno payments.

Buzzer

Registered
I can confirm with you all that a couple of my european friends have been wired 11 per cent straight into there accounts,hope this helps.brian saleh.

T

Timberly

Buzzer said:
I can confirm with you all that a couple of my european friends have been wired 11 per cent straight into there accounts,hope this helps.brian saleh.
Thanks for the confirmation Brian. :)

memikey,

you are partly correct in repeating what i said, but what i have said in the past was that some foreign players had ORIGINALLY requested the ipt hold funds for the vegas event until their tax statuses were resolved.

Some of the players changed their minds BEFORE reno took place, and all of the rest requested payment in full shortly after reno, iregardless of the tax status.

So in short, the players ultimately decided they would pay the 30% tax liability, resolve the working visa problem later, and STILL did not get the checks.

I understand that some of the players have VERY recently been paid for vegas, although i have not confirmed thismyself. I don't think there is a player alive at this point who would request the ipt hold onto money that they could recieve today, and take a chance it might not be there tommorow.

rg