Predator Extension, rubber bumper thread

fiolledapool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi,

I would like to install a predator extension on an unbranded cue and I need to know what thread has the predator rubber bumper before installation, any information?

CroweCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
M16×1.5 is what you're looking for I do believe.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dzcues

Silver Member
Predator / Molinari bumper similarities

Can anyone verify if the Predator bumper threads are the same as the Molinari bumper? They are virtually identical but specs are hard to come by. I thought I read somewhere that the Predator extension kits worked with Molinari cues.

I ask because I'm currently building a cue to accept a Molinari extension & the bumper threads are M16 x 1.5. That's a big difference from the M20 x 1.5 suggested in the previous post.

I'm not casting stones. I'm trying to learn the basic dimensions for these things & possibly prevent inaccurate information from getting out there. I'm also thinking of making a video showing how to make these extensions work in other cues.

edit: just saw another thread in which Longoni extensions are discussed. Apparently, they have a M17 x 1.5 thread. This variety in sizes reminds me of all the different joint pin threads.

Last edited:

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I tried to get the info from Predator back about 6 months ago from the service guys and they claimed it was Proprietary information. Basically, it's the same size as their weight bolt system, so if you measure them, it should give an accurate size.
Dave

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
M16x1.5

For something so simple as a weight bolt. Proprietary info is an inadequate answer. His answer should have been, I don't know because he probably doesn't.

CroweCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mike is right. m16x1.5. I just ordered weight "bolts" a while back from fastenal for one of my cues. I edited my original comment, the latter comment was a different order lol

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
M16 x 1.5 tap will work, but the thread will be a bit big. The bumper will work but the threads will be a little sloppy. The bumper threads are a little undersized.

Canadian cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have done some fairly accurate measurements of the predator extension bumpers and they are undersized on the pitch diameter by quite a bit when comparing them to the specs of a nominal M16 x 1.5. The way I worked around it was to build custom threaded inserts on the lathe single point rather than with a tap. I then built a mandrel that the insert threads on too, that way I can turn the od to what I need to fit the cue I am adapting.