★ earl strickland ★

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Earl "The Pearl" Strickland will do a interview with the New york Times Today.

139341287527808.jpg
:thumbup:

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope it goes well. Newspapers have a reputation for taking what you say out of context. What Earl sometimes says is already scary enough.

I've had several articles written about me in the past. The weirdest one was when the Albany Times-Union did a front cover on my violin shop for their Arts & Entertainment section in their Sunday edition. I was all excited until I saw the article, entitled "No Sax, Only Violins". Lol

OK, not so terrible, but then the guy misquoted just about everything I said, making me look like an imbecile, and possibly a crook to boot. I remember wanting to buy up every paper I could find and burn them.

Funny thing was, everybody I knew who saw it came up to me and said, "Oh, what a lovely story they wrote about you." My Mom even cut it out and had it framed she was so proud of her "famous son". :rolleyes:

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Earl Strickland did the interview at Steinway Billiards for the New York Times :thumbup:​

David Marcus

"not bad,for a blind man"
Silver Member
When will it go to print?

Any ideas when the interview will be printed? Probably the only time I would ever buy the NYT !!

budonahog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl's Interview

I bought today's New York Times hoping I would find Earl's interview. Unfortunately, I can't find it. Was wondering if anyone knows anything about when it's going to be in there.

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope it goes well. Newspapers have a reputation for taking what you say out of context. What Earl sometimes says is already scary enough.

Knowing Earl, the NYT might have to "tone it down" a bit.
NYT - "Whoa dude! We can't print that...can we? Btw, how would you like a job here?"

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know if this was in the physical paper on Sunday? Or if it's been posted? I just did a web search and did not find it.

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was informed by Larry Ross that if the interview was in the NY Times this Sunday that it would be in the Metro section of the paper and if it wasn't it should be in the NY times the following Sunday same section. Thats all I heard hope that helps you.​

budonahog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I read on Earl's post that there was a second part to the interview, and the posting will be in this Friday's Times.

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This just in via Larry Ross.

The Interview will be out this friday in the Metro section of the NY Times, also there will be a link to a video of the interview that is about 1 hour long :thumbup:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
This just in via Larry Ross.

The Interview will be out this friday in the Metro section of the NY Times, also there will be a link to a video of the interview that is about 1 hour long :thumbup:

-

Is there a two part ? This Friday and this Sunday in NY TIMES paper?
This Friday for sure?

Thx
Rob.M

upstateAL

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a Test of the Emergency AZB Broadcast System

Friday is around the corner keep your eyes open for the interview and the link to the video :thumbup: