$1,000 for a used Gold Crown III

Jasteger

New member
Is $1,000 a good price for a used Gold Crown III? The table is in a bar. Is there anything i need to look out for before i purchase? I have 4 to chose from. My parents had one when I was young, now I am dieing to have one. Thanks,
Jasteger
 
toss some balls around and get a look for the bounce of the rubber. condition of cloth (unless you plan on changing it regardless).
 
honestly I think a grand even if the rails need replaced is a good price. Is it beat up? Are there a lot of scratches in the wood? if that out word appearance is good I would go for it.
 
If you have 4 to choose from check the rails for hard or loose rubber. Some rubber will get hard spots or the rubber will come loose from the rail. If you go around with a ball and bounce it into the rail (think of a pinball machine) with your hand 4 inches from the rail bounce the ball to the rail and let come back to your hand, you can go around the table quickly bouncing the ball to the rail, listen for a dead thump (that will indicate an issue).
Mark
 
Welcome to the forum. You'll get plenty of good advice regarding your new table from A to Z, and even B. :smile:
 
Back
Top