10 ball - How to play this layout after the break?

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Check out the unusual outcome of this 10 ball break from my practice session today. Pocketed the 1 in the side like it should...but could Efren even get out from here??? What's the shot? For funsies, assume no pushout allowed, must make contact with the 2.
 

Attachments

  • nm break pic 1.jpg
    nm break pic 1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 271
  • nm break pic 2.jpg
    nm break pic 2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 259
Jump over the three and seven, carom off the two-ball, call the 10 in the side…
Creative...I need to work on jumping before I would have been comfortable doing that...but it's a hail mary that could win the game for sure...nice shot
 
Alright, just to be ornery, what if no jumps allowed? One rail masse off of the short rail near the spot, using bottom right, trying to hood around the 5????
 
Forget Efren you need Earl.
Chalk your cue up real nice and shoot cb into the 3 at warp speed, curse the gods, the game, and the guy sitting next to you.
Preach the need for placement pool and break your cue over the table!
 
Alright, just to be ornery, what if no jumps allowed? One rail masse off of the short rail near the spot, using bottom right, trying to hood around the 5????
Jump shots are always allowed. If you ban jump CUES then I'm playing the same jump shot carom on the 10, but I'll use my playing cue and aim into the left side rail and use that to help me get the clearance I need. Much harder to control but it does help me get the angle to make the 10.
 
Alright, just to be ornery, what if no jumps allowed? One rail masse off of the short rail near the spot, using bottom right, trying to hood around the 5????
Is the cue ball clear to kick the two? Bank the two right at the ten. Otherwise tie something up. Push the three into the four or two rail the 5 into the cluster. Make sure you have the kick at the two.
 
I would do this:

Miscue horribly breaking everything open for your opponent. Take a seat and get ready to rack after your opponent who now has ball in hand runs out.
 
I'd just lock those three balls up and give up bih. Trying to kick at the 2b could open up the pack and give an easy run.
 
Back
Top