14.1 no conflict..

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I wanted a shot at the world heavyweight boxing title.....
.....but nobody would agree to a 'no conflict' fight.:angry:

I coulda been a contendah!....:crying:

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I have a feeling the OP's joke would have gone over a little better if he didn't wait 18 months after the original "No Conflict Rules" thread.

beigeberlvr,

Paul's thread did not end 18 months ago...... he continues to force players to play no conflict and posts after every "successful" tournament ... I was merely pointing out that no conflict could be applied to other games... 14.1 to be exact since he touts John Schmidt as being a proponent.....

I am learning 14.1 atm and realized the break shots were even more important in this game than 9 or 10ball... It's quite maddening to get perfect and not get rewarded because the balls tied up......

Learning the break shots in this game is really no different than learning them in the other games... It requires effort... So if you want to remove the break skill from rotation games I see no reason not to remove it from straight pool.....

I argue with Pat Fleming at almost every tournament about the break shot... I can guarantee what I proposed would be heresy to him in 14.1 but he might consider Paul's idea simply because he never learned the 9-10ball breaks.. He still considers them a function of luck....

We just added realtime stats to the Accu-stats matches... and I am lobbying for more break stats.... Either we do the stats or Shane just ends up being luckier than Efren...

If Efren had owned a break he would be the emperor of China by now... But then again if Simonis and Diamond had not showed up Efren would be secretary of state for The grand Emperor Earl..........

Chris

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
beigeberlvr,

Paul's thread did not end 18 months ago...... he continues to force players to play no conflict and posts after every "successful" tournament ...

How does he "force" players to play no conflict? Nobody has to play in his tournaments and from what I've heard he does well with them. looking at it that way, I'm "forced" to play by the stupid "ball in hand anywhere" rules any time I play in a 9 ball tournament. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you should make that kind of statement.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I checked The Billiard Encyclopedia to see if it answered your question, but it does not say what happened after the 15th ball was pocketed and all the balls were re-racked. Nor do I have a Times account.

Thanks anyway! I'm tempted to get account to find out. I feel fairly confident that it was a safe break every rack, but I don't have any solid evidence. Perhaps I'll post a thread over in the 14.1 forum.