2 Recent Acquisitions

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Received this Durbin Cue directly from Mike a couple of weeks ago, simple, elegant Brazilian Rosewood MW. Photos simply can't do this cue justice, the wood is gorgeous and I thought Mike did a great job figuring out the perfect ring work to compliment the cue. Kangaroo black wrap. This is my new playing cue, as with all Durbin cues I've ever hit, the balance and feel is incredible. I prefer playing with a LD Shaft, Mike installed the custom ring work on an OB2 blank for a second shaft.

Got this incredible Josey in a trade from Tim L a few weeks back. Only dry hit, I believe Tim told me this cue had been made for him by Keith in 2000 or 2002. All the white is Ivory with the possible exception of the ferrules. This cue looks great in the pics but it is off the charts in real life. The workmanship is fabulous. It took me 5 minutes under good light to find the seam in the wrap. I've dry hit it a few times, the balance and feel are as good as the cue looks. Not sure whether I will keep this cue, sell or trade it. For now, I just enjoy looking at it. I'm not sure I can bring myself to take this cue out and play with it, the inevitable ding here or there might make my heart stop.

Last edited:

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Is the darker Josey shaft a Timeless Timber one? It would be labeled such if it were.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely lighting. Those pics were taken with my iPhone, obviously, I'm not a professional photographer.

I think I'm going to buy am OB shaft for radial pin and play with the Josey. It's an incredible cue and deserves to be played.

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Definitely lighting. Those pics were taken with my iPhone, obviously, I'm not a professional photographer.

I think I'm going to buy am OB shaft for radial pin and play with the Josey. It's an incredible cue and deserves to be played.

After you complained about me playing with my Sugartree?

LOL

I can't believe you sometimes Mark. You're worse than I am.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member

Good Choice.. She's been on the bench too long 😊