In case people are unaware, "cue sports" are already well underway in the 2006 Asian Games in Doha, Qatar.
Some interesting results...
Men's 8Ball Pool Singles...
-Lee Chen Man (Hong Kong) defeated Li Hewen (China, 2006 WPC semifinalist) in Round of 32, but lost to Satoshi Kawabata (Japan) in quarterfinals.
-Amir Ibrahim (Malaysia) defeated Chia Ching WU (Taiwan) in quarterfinals.
-Leonardo Andam (Philippines) defeated Amnuayporn CHOTIPONG (Thailand).
-Antonio Gabica (Philippines) currently playing Alok KUMAR (India) in quarterfinals.
Women's 8Ball Pool Singles...
- Santhinee JAISUEKUL (Thailand) defeated Rubilen AMIT (Philippines) in Round of 32.
- Ga Young KIM (Korea) defeated Shin Mei Liu (Taiwan) in quarterfinals.
- Xiaoting PAN (China) defeated Santhinee JAISUEKUL (Thailand) in quarterfinals.
- MengMeng ZHOU (China) defeated Mary Ann BASAS (Philippines) in quarterfinals.
Too bad for the Filipina women. I really thought Amit would take the 8ball title. Also, I think Andam, Gabica, and Jeff De Luna are the only Filipino representatives. Andam and Gabica are competing in 8ball (both still alive) and Gabica and De Luna are competing in 9ball.
As for snooker, I think the Chinese totally dominated the field. They won the team event against Hong Kong, and the two finalist from the singles competition were Chinese...DING Junhui defeated LIANG Wenbo. Only a matter of time before the Chinese dominates pool. I'll give them another decade.
http://www.doha-2006.com/gis/Sports/CS/IGCSSchedule.aspx
BTW, the way the website displays the results sucks.
Some interesting results...
Men's 8Ball Pool Singles...
-Lee Chen Man (Hong Kong) defeated Li Hewen (China, 2006 WPC semifinalist) in Round of 32, but lost to Satoshi Kawabata (Japan) in quarterfinals.
-Amir Ibrahim (Malaysia) defeated Chia Ching WU (Taiwan) in quarterfinals.
-Leonardo Andam (Philippines) defeated Amnuayporn CHOTIPONG (Thailand).
-Antonio Gabica (Philippines) currently playing Alok KUMAR (India) in quarterfinals.
Women's 8Ball Pool Singles...
- Santhinee JAISUEKUL (Thailand) defeated Rubilen AMIT (Philippines) in Round of 32.
- Ga Young KIM (Korea) defeated Shin Mei Liu (Taiwan) in quarterfinals.
- Xiaoting PAN (China) defeated Santhinee JAISUEKUL (Thailand) in quarterfinals.
- MengMeng ZHOU (China) defeated Mary Ann BASAS (Philippines) in quarterfinals.
Too bad for the Filipina women. I really thought Amit would take the 8ball title. Also, I think Andam, Gabica, and Jeff De Luna are the only Filipino representatives. Andam and Gabica are competing in 8ball (both still alive) and Gabica and De Luna are competing in 9ball.
As for snooker, I think the Chinese totally dominated the field. They won the team event against Hong Kong, and the two finalist from the singles competition were Chinese...DING Junhui defeated LIANG Wenbo. Only a matter of time before the Chinese dominates pool. I'll give them another decade.
http://www.doha-2006.com/gis/Sports/CS/IGCSSchedule.aspx
BTW, the way the website displays the results sucks.