2010 Pattaya 9 Ball Invitational Payouts

Pattaya is in Thailand, not the Phillipines. Judging by the prize money, it appears to be winner take all event. First place is nearly $10K, while second place comes in at 16% of that ($1657). Efren Reyes also placed fifth ($497), and Darren Appleton place 17th at $165.

I'm guessing its the gambling action, not the prize money.
 
I just read that Stevie Moore was the lone US entrant into this tourney and placed 5th. For his efforts, he received $497 USD. How in God's name could that have been worth the effort to fly to PHI, eat, pay for lodging, etc. Even with a sponsor, I fail to see the reward here. Maybe I'm missing something???

http://www.azbilliards.com/thepros/2000showtourney2010.php?eventnum=389

He came to Thailand from his way back China to USA, He was not invited earlier but due to Darren Apppleton he got the invite. We all had free Hotel and food for the duration of the stay. The players were picked and dropped at the airports by organisers.

The first prize was about 8000usd and thats how this tournament was designed, benifit only the winner.
I won about 150usd for winning a qualifier and reaching top 32.
 
Back
Top