2016 China Open

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
I don't have any information about the streaming other than what was on the Alison Chang website a few days ago: "Due to this year’s new venue, the quality of streaming facility is uncertain for now. Will figure that out when we arrive at the venue."

The first matches start in about 6 hours; it would be nice to know whether we will be able to watch.

as soon as i get information, i will post it here.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Live stream links should be added anytime since match kickoff is about 1 hr from now . Check this page
http://alison-chang.com/2016/08/21/china-open-kicks-off-in-new-venue/

As usual , another killer monster field. At least half of this field of 64 can win any major or World Championship
Expect Big Ko to make amends for his shaky loss in recent APC final to Lo Li Wen even though that is regional tourney with much much weaker field
Lil Ko has still not won any major so he will be hungry to snap this. Wu is another favorite who has not won any major since his "comeback" couple of years ago. The 2 Changs are always lurking and cannot be discounted . Johann Chua, Biado, Lee Van , Orcullo , Niels, Thorsten, Alex are also favorites. Albin unlikely to win this cos odds against him- no one has won consecutive majors in past couple of years.
Last year's finalist John Morra is also due to win a major

There will be a first time winner this year and I am guessing it is one of these:
John Morra
Lil Ko
Big Ko
Chang Jung Lin
Wu
Biado
Johann Chua
Niels
:grin:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
timeout on Daz match with Daz leading 6-3. I'm getting a lot of stutters or brief (and not so brief) freezes. Anyone else?

Edit -- and now it has been frozen for several minutes.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, trying to watch the Daz match was a complete waste of time because of the stream freezing.

But I'm willing to give it another try for the next match in half an hour. Did anyone watch a table where the stream was good throughout the match?

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Ko Pin-Yi and Waleed Majid on the TV table
Mika and Toastie on table 5
Lee Van and Wan Yu on table 8

Last edited:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mika roasted Toasty.

Oscar lost too.

Corey lost. Is this single elimination round?

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some notables and big guns who lost first match may face early exit in their 2nd do or die match later today

Big Do or Die matches later today:
John Morra v Orcullo
Warren Kiamco v Thorsten
Yang v Waleed Majid

Others with1 loss who may be knocked out today :
Karl Boyes
Oscar
Corey
Lil Ko
Chang Yu Lung

:D