2020 CF shaft opinions

terpdad

Registered
There were several carbon fiber shafts released this year & a lot of us seem to be gear hounds. There were new CF offerings this year from (at least):

Lucasi
Viking
Universal
OB

Has anyone played around w/ these? Thoughts? Is Anyone getting one for Christmas?

smoochie

NotLikeThis
I've always respected universal, one time I used their shaft where you inserted a black thingy I forgot it's name, these shafts played magnificently, I think Bill Stroud invented their shaft, but now I do not know if they come up with CF, who would be the inventor? anyway, I might give it a try, I love Universal company, even their butts are good.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
There were several carbon fiber shafts released this year & a lot of us seem to be gear hounds. There were new CF offerings this year from (at least):

Lucasi
Viking
Universal
OB

Has anyone played around w/ these? Thoughts? Is Anyone getting one for Christmas?
Has Lucasi released a CF shaft already?

smoochie

NotLikeThis
I just got called by a guy, few seconds ago...he said that he tried all CF shafts in the world, literally each one of them for more than a week, he said that hands down revo is the best, followed by jacoby black, if you want to take his words for it, he's a decent player, but for me I haven't tried any yet.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got called by a guy, few seconds ago...he said that he tried all CF shafts in the world, literally each one of them for more than a week, he said that hands down revo is the best, followed by jacoby black, if you want to take his words for it, he's a decent player, but for me I haven't tried any yet.
That's like me telling you what the best beer is. How a shaft plays/feels can be very subjective. You need to hit a few yourself.