2023 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lost 6-7, regular 9 ball ghost. Tied with my best score earlier this year. I'm trying a new to me sighting method, day 3 into it.

I hope you stick your new method long enough to maybe improve :)
People often give up changes too fast and go back old stuff they know. That is how one hit plateau :)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope you stick your new method long enough to maybe improve :)
People often give up changes too fast and go back old stuff they know. That is how one hit plateau :)
Thanks. I wasn't going to play today, but your post motivated me! I just played another set to 7 and lost 5-7. I was hitting them super well. This sighting is really working for me.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lost 5-7, but hitting them super well for me! I setup the missed ball at the end of most of the racks and ran the rest of the racks. Sped 5x for my short attention span.

bpeacock

My wife gifted me a Magic Rack so I gave it a go this afternoon. I tied my best 3-7... Ghost won. I made the 9 on the break once and I didn't break dry a single time. I think it makes a big difference. The wing ball fell every time and I got the one in the side a few times. Since I am in no danger of beating the ghost any time soon , I keep a count of how many balls I pot playing the ghost. I get 10 points if I win the rack. My previous best was 50. I got 65 with the new rack tonight. I know that I haven't improved that much but the rack made me feel better about my game.

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Another 6-7 loss. This was with a 3D printed pool cue. I was up 4-0 and kept thinking I was going to blank the ghost. You all know the rest;)

Dead space removed, but striking sounds remain to hear the cue ping.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife gifted me a Magic Rack so I gave it a go this afternoon. I tied my best 3-7... Ghost won. I made the 9 on the break once and I didn't break dry a single time. I think it makes a big difference. The wing ball fell every time and I got the one in the side a few times. Since I am in no danger of beating the ghost any time soon , I keep a count of how many balls I pot playing the ghost. I get 10 points if I win the rack. My previous best was 50. I got 65 with the new rack tonight. I know that I haven't improved that much but the rack made me feel better about my game.
Its easier on your back too, if you are going for a tight rack.