20th Anniversary

Diamond Jack

9-ball Player
Silver Member
20 years ago in Cardiff at the end of the 9ball championships Earl gave his playin cue, the Cuetec Starlight Custom Cue, model nr. 99259 as a gift to me.

Even today iam very proud of this gift and will once again say thank you Earl, your cue looks great and i still love it.

https://www.facebook.com/hansi.buchem.3
there is a vid with me playin the cue but not so well as his original owner...:smile:

best from Germany specially to
Francisco, Oliver, Jay, Mike, Hao-Ping, Fong-Pang, Alex, Ralf, Barry, Michaela,
Marco, Ernesto, Mika, Jimmy, Allen, Thomas, Efren, Ismael, Kunihiko, Nick, Kim, Takeshi and a lot of
japanese and chinese players and a few people more.

These 10 days and nights full of superb pool was one of the best times in my life.

Thank you 9-ball Pool!!!

A little pic from Earl and me hidden on this old poster...

Last edited:

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was it modified by Earl in any way? Different shaft, perhaps? Or was it a right off the shelf Cuetec?

r/DCP

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earls Cue for shooting Curve Shots

I'd bet that you're being facetious. the cue that Earl gave to you has probably never been that straight.... HaHaHa...

Diamond Jack

9-ball Player
Silver Member
Was it modified by Earl in any way? Different shaft, perhaps? Or was it a right off the shelf Cuetec?

r/DCP

No,

the ferrule and the tip was not original Cuetec and the clear coat on the bottom part looks better then new.

The shaft wood look a little darker than a regular one even with fiberglass on it.

And to me its looks like the joint material on the shaft is a little different but i cannot better explain.

After all that years that Starlight dont warp and the handle looks good.

At the moment there is a Triangle tip installed, thats good enough for me.

Last edited: