2nd Annual U.S. Open Qualifier

BigDogatLarge

Da pool gods are laughin'
Silver Member
Hello everyone,

I am holding my 2nd annual U.S. Open qualifier at Pockets Pub and Pool in Tallahassee, Florida. The dates are September 18th, 19th, and 20th. This is an open event. Races are 7W-5L with the final a race to 13. There will be $1,000.00 added.

The buy-in this year is $125.00. That covers greens fees and a player buffet for the duration of the tournament. This year promises to be bigger and better. I plan on sending 6 players to the U.S. Open 9ball Championship in Chesapeake, Va. The above is based on a 64 player field.

I have been fortunate in that Delta-13 racks is the official rack this year. If you see Terry post on AZB give him a shout out, He is good people. John from Kamui tips has come through and is now a sponsor for the event. Robin Dodson has become a sponsor as well. She donated a Drake Bell cue and case for the United Way. Many thanks to these folks.
Tom from Triple Cross Cues will be there for repairs and such. He also has some fine cues that will be presented, should you want to purchase one. If you would like a preview of his cues send me a note and I will send you the link to his site. Gene and Renee' from Crown Cues will be in attendance as well. They were kind enough to support this event.

Blackjack David Sapolis will be doing a benefit for the United Way of the Big Bend. He is going to hit 10,000 balls Friday and Saturday raising money for a local charity. He starts around noon on Friday til midnight. Saturday will be another noon start and he will go until he reaches his goal. I will put a link up for donations. We are helping the kids that need it. Some of the kids that United Way works with, will be making pool related artwork to auction off to the guests. I am going for, them, helping us, help them.

This event will be streamed live as it happens. I hope to have two or three different people stream this event. Local television and most media outlets will be present.

The only dress code I ask is, no asses hanging out. Thank you. I am sure I speak for all of us. Dress nice folks.

There are plenty of rooms around the area. I have a special rate from extended stay of $44.99 a night.
Call me or send me a note and let me know your plans.

Thank you all and I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Dwight Sisson
850-510-3103
Tallahassee, Fl.

Last edited:

BigDogatLarge

Da pool gods are laughin'
Silver Member
Current plans with more to come...

Last edited:

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
Hey Dwight! Sorry we missed tonight's stream. We were planning to watch, but we've been getting some last minute stuff done. We're planning to pull into town on Friday evening. We are really looking forward to the weekend... getting to meet everyone and watch some great games. We're bringing some cues, too!

I read that it's supposed to be raining all weekend in Jacksonville and temps will be in the upper 80's to lower 90's. UGH!! What about Tallahassee? I hope it'll be a lot cooler over there, even if it's wet.

It's been raining and drizzling in Oklahoma ever since I can remember. :( It just keeps on pouring out of the skies! But, the temps are in the upper 70's to lower 80's in the daytime, so... other than the humidity, it's been bearable.

See you guys, soon!

9ballrun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
friday morning bump for a great tourny!!!! I think everyone will love what we will be playing on, but bigdog will have to tell you that!:grin:

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
Well, we've just been busy as beavers since we got home, or we'd have posted something on here, before. This was a GREAT event and we were so glad we got to meet everyone out there in Tallahassee-ville. :wink: We had a really good time, enjoyed the company, loved watching the competition, took a huge amount of pics and even spent part of our last day there with the 2nd place winner. I'm currently writing up a little magazine article about our trip.

Dwight, even though you offered to let us go to the Galveston event, if we wanted to, we're really glad we kept our original plans to go to Tallahassee. It was a shame the Galveston event happened on the same weekend, but stuff happens, ya know? You still had some great talent and a good show. We were glad to see Triple Cross Cues and Blackjack, too. Gene meant to stick his head in front of the camera and holler "Hi, Mom!" (between matches, of course) but he forgot. Or, he was being bashful. I'm not sure which it was. :cool:

The one sad part of the event was when Blackjack was unable to finish the 10,000 balls. He was being a great sport and stayed very dedicated to the cause, even with the interference he was getting. If anyone doubts his intentions to finish, don't. He was going strong and put up with an awful lot of disrespect. He deserves a huge pat on the back for the dedication and for the mental stamina to continue toward his goal for as long as he did.

Thanks again for inviting us. Please pass along our thanks to all the players who welcomed us and entertained us so well.

9ballrun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was a pleasure having ya'll there! Hats off to blackjack, i am sorry that it ended the way it did but he sure did put up with more than most people would have, including me. JP I am glad that ya'll and Aaron hit it off and hope that things work out. Thanks again for making the trip to tally!

Reese