314 blanks

no-sho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First I would like to apologize in advance if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it in a search. My question is, I have a customer that wants a couple of 314 shafts with matching rings to fit a custom cue and the price of the 314 blanks from Atlas Billiard Supply are $140 or $145 and I think Seyberts are $110. Is there a difference in the grade or quality level,ex. first choice,second choice or is Seyberts just that much cheaper. Thanks in advance!

NO-SHO

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no-sho said:
First I would like to apologize in advance if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it in a search. My question is, I have a customer that wants a couple of 314 shafts with matching rings to fit a custom cue and the price of the 314 blanks from Atlas Billiard Supply are $140 or $145 and I think Seyberts are $110. Is there a difference in the grade or quality level,ex. first choice,second choice or is Seyberts just that much cheaper. Thanks in advance!

NO-SHO

Atlas, as usual is raping everyone who buys a shaft through them. Seybert's retail for a 314 blank is 140.00, their wholsale price, if you have an dealers account, is much cheaper. Both prices are the same shaft.
Dick

no-sho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rhncue said:
Atlas, as usual is raping everyone who buys a shaft through them. Seybert's retail for a 314 blank is 140.00, their wholsale price, if you have an dealers account, is much cheaper. Both prices are the same shaft.
Dick

I do have a dealers account and I probably should have reworded the question without listing the price. My mistake!!!!!! : :eek:

no-sho

lignum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that would be why I couldn't see $110 . I do seem to remember Predator releasing "seconds" a while back , pretty sure they were physically perfect but had some cosmetic blemishes . Can anyone confirm this isn't just another false hidden memory of mine :rolleyes: ?

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lignum said:
that would be why I couldn't see $110 . I do seem to remember Predator releasing "seconds" a while back , pretty sure they were physically perfect but had some cosmetic blemishes . Can anyone confirm this isn't just another false hidden memory of mine :rolleyes: ?

They are available from time to time. Good memory, but don't tell your spouse that.

cheese_ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
allowable business?

Hey Dick,

Can I see some pictures of your cues? I'd love to buy one. Obviously if no one is allowed to make a profit for selling goods or services, then I want one of your cues right away! It must be really inexpensive, because you're only going to charge me for the materials, right?

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cheese_ball said:
Hey Dick,

Can I see some pictures of your cues? I'd love to buy one. Obviously if no one is allowed to make a profit for selling goods or services, then I want one of your cues right away! It must be really inexpensive, because you're only going to charge me for the materials, right?

Your funny cheesie. Every body is supposed to try and make a profit. Atlas is supposed to be a wholesale business so why are they 35.00 more than other wholesale businesses selling the same shaft? I used to by Predator blanks straight from Predator for as little as 82.00 each, Atlas found out that cuemakers were starting to use them and they went to Predator and got a deal so that Predator would no longer sell to cue makers but now they had to go thru Atlas for an additional 65.00. I used to sell Predator shafts, fitted to your cue with matching deco-rings for 160.00. That was about the price a Predator shaft could be bought on the internet but with just black deco-rings and just a close fit. Now that same thing is 200.00. You, the consumer, are the ones who are footing the bill not me.
Dick

pillage6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They still sell to custom cuemakers, here is a short list:

Mezz
Pechauer
Jackson
Josey
Mike Webb

Who told you otherwise?

mark smith

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
unless they have changed thier way of doing things predator only sold the "seconds" as finished shafts with a black ring above the joint collar. they already had the insert or threads cut for screwing to the butt. they did not offer them in the "partial" form.

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
lignum said:
When Seyberts first started with Predators, way back when, Jim had some seconds from Predator...they are indentifyable by a black line around the perimeter by the joint....
________

Last edited:

lignum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
will8834 said:
It would not have to be 2nds for this price. But they would not be making much off the transaction

didn't you bother to read the other posts after the one your quoting ? You would have noticed your point's been stated and replied to !
Still , "better late than never" , not !:p